Help with old movie

tonym

Hi I need some helping finding a great film I used to love from some time in the 80s, although it could have easily been from the 70s.

I recall a type of competition, with a fighting ring/area, lots of weapons, a few people killed by being impailed on long swords and lifted into air,

Im sure there was a lot of traditional style costumes being worn

the only odd thing I recall in the film which may jog some memories is when a guy ( i think he is white wih long blond hair) holds down a female and cuts her clothes off with his knife, he cuts her panties off as well, (weird I know)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true ish white crane,

but I thought the random 'guy cuts off her panties with his knife' may seperate this film from the other 1000s it could be.

thanks anyways

Tonym

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is Holy Flame Of The Martial World but I'm not too sure.

oops I was thinking of posting this reply on Carter Wong's thread but somehow it landed here.Sorry my mistake

Isn't this the film with Jimmy wang yu, a train in the beginning of the movie and some heavy macine gun getting fired?

Master of the Flying Guillotine? Or same movie with title One-Armed Boxer 2 and The One Armed Boxer Vs. the Flying Guillotine.

Plot

The film concerns Yu's one-armed martial arts master being stalked by an Imperial assassin, the master of two fighters (the Tibetan Lamas) who were killed in the previous film. When the One-Armed Boxer is invited to attend a martial arts tournament, his efforts to lay low are unsuccessful when the assassin soon tracks him down with the help of his three subordinates competing in the tournament: a Thai boxer, a yoga master, and a kobojutsu user.

The title refers to the assassin's unique weapon, the so-called "Flying guillotine" which resembles a hat with a bladed rim attached to a long chain. Upon enveloping one's head, the blades cleanly decapitate the unlucky victim with a quick pull of the chain.

Morgoth Bauglir
Isn't this the film with Jimmy wang yu, a train in the beginning of the movie and some heavy macine gun getting fired?

The movie you are thinking of is Return of the Chinese Boxer. I don't remember a woman getting her panties cut off, but all I really remember about this movie is the opening and the action scenes. Wong Wing Sang's character does carry a lot of knives around and wears them a lot like Danny Trejo does in Desperado.

Archived