Favorite fighting performance from Lee Hoi San? Time for a poll!

Morgoth Bauglir

a  

5 members have voted

1. 1. a

• Butcher Wing
    • Last Hurrah for Chivalry
    • Goose Boxer
    • Knockabout
    • The Gold Hunters
    • Enter the Fat Dragon
    • 36th Chamber of Shaolin
    • Magnificent Butcher
    • Increible Kung Fu Master
    • The Young Master

Morgoth Bauglir

I chose Magnificent Butcher, but it was a very tough choice between that and Goose Boxer. If I didn't list your favorite, then feel free to add it. Unfortunately the poll only allows 10 choices.

After watching Incredible Kung Fu Master again I'm gonna go with that one. He even has some pretty nifty leg work there. Magnificent Butcher is definately a close second for me though.

thundered mantis

I haven´t seen Butcher Wing, is that one any good?

From the poll´s options I voted for Magnificent Butcher. But maybe I´d voted for Two Toothless Tigers if that one had been included. Very little LHS exposure in TTT, but I have never seen move so fluidly as in that one.

Last Hurrah for me, his character was brutal, I always thought the last sword fight was anticlimatic after his fight, though it's hard to pass up 36th Chamber as he had some great weapons work.

Morgoth Bauglir

Sorry, I didn't even consider My 12 Kung Fu Kicks. I saw it a long time ago, and I don't even remember anything about it other than thinking it was one of the worst kung fu movies ever. But it sounds like I will have to revisit it for Lee Hoi San. And don't worry, I will add up all votes for movies not included in the poll.

Sorry, I didn't even consider My 12 Kung Fu Kicks. I saw it a long time ago, and I don't even remember anything about it other than thinking it was one of the worst kung fu movies ever. But it sounds like I will have to revisit it for Lee Hoi San. And don't worry, I will add up all votes for movies not included in the poll.

What? Goose boxer, Butcher wing and Enter the Fat Dragon are better films? I guess I need to revisit those titles cause I dont remember them being any better than 12 kicks? :l

My personal favorite of his is when Lee played the Lama Master villain in the Three Avengers, he was beating the shit out of Bruce Li, Chien Yuet Sun and Micheal Winston before they finally overcame him. That was a great long fight! He also made a good kicking target for Tan Tao Liang as the eye patch wearing gang leader in the beginning of The Tattoo Connection lol.

Morgoth Bauglir
What? Goose boxer, Butcher wing and Enter the Fat Dragon are better films? I guess I need to revisit those titles cause I dont remember them being any better than 12 kicks? :l

butcher Wing is the weakest of those 3, but yes, I would say they are far and away better. Honestly I don't remember liking a single fight from My 12 Kung FU Kicks. I remember Lee Hoi san fighting at the end, but I don't remember anything about it.

Morgoth Bauglir
My personal favorite of his is when Lee played the Lama Master villain in the Three Avengers, he was beating the shit out of Bruce Li, Chien Yuet Sun and Micheal Winston before they finally overcame him. That was a great long fight! He also made a good kicking target for Tan Tao Liang as the eye patch wearing gang leader in the beginning of The Tattoo Connection lol.

Yeah he was good in 3 Avengers. That movie jus missed the list, though I suppose it could have gone ahead of Young Master.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah if Lee Hoi San wasn't in Butcher Wing it probably wouldn't be worth watching. He was just awesome in that movie. Love his fight at the end, and I remember a good fight with Pai Paio. I rank that as his 3rd best fighting performance, and probably a top 5 acting performance. He looks realy badass.

Morgoth Bauglir

I just rewatched Enter the Fat Dragon and was looking forward to the Lee Hoi san fight because I remember it being good. :( But Lee Hoi San's skills don't look too good in that fight. lol I don't know what I was thinking putting that on the list.

It was strange seeing him play one half of the gay duo team in Knockabout, but his partner was creepier. That scene where he gets beat in the head and all those little knots come up was right out of a cartoon! Now of course when he played the black guy with the afro in Enter The Fat Dragon that took the cake. :P

On 9/26/2008 at 2:24 AM, Chinatown Kid said:

It was strange seeing him play one half of the gay duo team in Knockabout, but his partner was creepier.

The Chinese names of the characters are vaguely similar to Pai Piao and Lu Chun-Ku: another iconic duo of Kung Fu cinema.

• Like 2