The Heroic Ones (DVD - Well Go USA)

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Anyone pick up the Sword Masters series of Heroic Ones yet? Any affirmations as to whether or not this DVD comes with english dubs?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure it does. Amazon listed it as having one(not that that's 100% reliable). If they dont and you got a boner for the dub, you can get the Siren Visual.

Could not find it on the shelves at my local BBuy. However I am in Houston. (I only lost power for 3 days)

I dont recall if ive ever seen any of the Well Go USA releases @ my best buy.

masterofoneinchpunch

At the CA Modesto Best Buy (and Riverbank one) I have never seen the Well Go USA releases. I bought the previous two online at deepdiscount (I've bought this one also on deepdiscount Monday, which means I'll get it in a few weeks :)).

Shaolin Patriot
Anyone pick up the Sword Masters series of Heroic Ones yet? Any affirmations as to whether or not this DVD comes with english dubs?

Confirmed with English dub.

Shaolin Patriot

Audio is a 5.1 remix, with added music and effects. Same as the region 3 disc.

Well Go also includes the original trailer, whereas IVL did not.

Morgoth Bauglir

It took awhile, but the Best Buys in my area got Brothers Five in. And I saw Brothers Five and Two Champions at Suncoast.

Shaolin Patriot
No mono for the English or the Chinese track?

English and Chinese audio is 5.1 and not mono. Same as Two Champs.

Shaolin Patriot
Hows the quality? Picture, audio (completley messed up or not?), etc?

About on par with the IVL disc in all regards. If you want the dub, I would suggest getting it.

I noticed while watching it last night (Well GO USA version) that throughout the movie it had random jerky motion. Like it would stutter but the audio was fine. Anyone else notice this? I tried it on a few players and still noticed it. Maybe mine is a bad disc or something.

No I've also noticed the jerky motion at times. Still it doesn't take away from the movie and to me it's not a big enough factor to defer anyone from buying the movie.

let me ask a point blank question. which version is better--this WELL GO USA or the sirenvisual version ? i already have the siren version--so i'm wondering if i should get this new one. thanks

Is it anamorphic?...is it just 5.1 remix?( no mono)

I have the UK release which is ok but not anamorphic but has original mono sound, the 5.1 remix on the HK disc is terrible.:mad:

let me ask a point blank question. which version is better--this WELL GO USA or the sirenvisual version ? i already have the siren version--so i'm wondering if i should get this new one. thanks

If you insist on Anamorphic picture then get the Well Go USA, whereas IVL and Siren are Non-anamorphic.. However, the Well Go USA is not progressive(clearly interlaced), less contrast(not that that's a bad thing.. matter of preference), and it has lame ass 5.1 audio. So the choice lies on how much you care about anamorphic picture or not. In your case, it would be a waste of money to double dip for the Well Go USA.

Ahh ok thanks.. I ment to ask if the IVL has the same problem... Good to know it was not my disc, it never took away from my enjoyment of the flick. Overall I am happy with the R1 release.

I insist on anamorphic and mono sound so im stuffed!...............:S

Sticking with my UK disc then....

German DVD is anamorphic, mono and with subs

Archived