Double Double Crosser

Guest killer meteor

Guest killer meteor

Has anyone seen a copy of the UK DVD that doesn't break up into white squares in places? My copy does this and I recall other people saying there's did too

Guest chen lung

Sure, I had to translate what I could of the Mandarin (why didn't Vengeance bother to insert temporary subtitles?), but for 1976 it's a nice basher.

Can't remember if my copy had the square attack right enough.

Guest killer meteor

I watched it in Mandarin without subs - couldn't get through the English track, it was so distorted and incomplete - and really enjoyed it

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I love this movie, but I had the same problem with the Vengeance DVD, and a few months ago I started typing up a set of subtitles on TMPGENC DVD Author using the English dub as a rough guide. Then my laptop gave a rasping little death-squawk and passed beyond this vale of tears.

Now I have a new computer, I might give it another go. It really is an a terrific movie.

Guest WHITETIGERNY

I have a very nice english dubbed version of the movie.

I also have a very nice chinese language version of the movie without subs.

Will be up on my site for Sept. '07

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Speaking of Jimmy Wang Yu I don't believe I ever saw this one. Looked at You Tube's trailer for this one. Looks like another dandy from the great Jimmy Wang You.

Comments please.

GD Y-Y

It's a pretty amusing basher :).

I've got the Vengeance Video DVD and the English dub is in a very quiet state and drops out at times, or switches to Mandarin I believe. It would have been nice to see subtitles at those sections. Picked up a little bit of the Mandarin, but still wasn't enough.

Give it a watch ;).

Killer Meteor
In other words, above average.

I think I remember reading that the Vengeance DVD of this is cut.

I don't know if its cut but the English track goes silent several times for minutes at a time, the Mandarin track has no subs, and the picture keeps breaking up into coloured blocks

Watching this one tonight. The print starts off wide (during the titles) and then goes full. Hate when that happens. Anyway, it has time code running in the upper right through the whole film. The audio is dubbed (but low). Print seems a bit dark as well.

odioustrident

Bigrogie is selling a very similar (if not the same) dubbed print with no timecode and no glitching that I could see.

Surprised at these middling reviews; its a late great basher with awesome and sometimes brutal knife action if thats your thing.

I might have heard that the choreographer Wong Gwok Chue was a performer who worked with knife throwing or something similar? Hopefully the experts in town can confirm this.

edit: Watching this now, this could also be some of Chia Ling's better screen fighting... and Chang Yi was still throwing proper kicks!

Cognoscente
On 6/7/2008 at 10:48 PM, chen lung said:

the English dub is in a very quiet state and drops out at times, or switches to Mandarin I believe.

Usually that's a sign that the English track was attached to the longer Chinese print instead of being with the shorter English print.

• Like 2