Post a better fight scene!

falkor

The challenge is to find the ultimate fight scene of any martial arts film via feedback and discussion of Youtube clips. Let's kick off the show with The Victim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dYnzRSf8jg

Many fans will agree that the end fight in the Victim is the best martial arts scene ever captured on celluloid (though I personally disagree). Please post a clip to a fight scene that, in your view, you believe is superior! We can then act as both judge and jury by sharing our opinions, in a way, voting, on whether the latest clip is the best, or a previous one.

If the majority say the Victim is still the best then somebody needs to come up with something better.

If the majority say the latest clip is the best then somebody still has to come up with something better otherwise the last poster wins, so to speak!

Remember, this could be a fight scene from a TV series or a fight scene featured early on in a movie where the end fight isn't as entertaining, or the movie is crap overall.

Imagine we are all judges in the Olympics holding up scorecards after watching scores of fight scenes! Will this topic work out? We can all but try... I realise that some folks do not have the ability to judge, criticise or rank one thing from another, so they needn't post. Remember, we are not judging which fight scene has the best move(s) or some other aspect, but the overall choreographed performance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna post the Fist of Legend fight of Jet vs Kurata here, but YouTube doesnt have the scene in the original language, soundeffects and music, so that pretty much ruins it, so F*** it.

Morgoth Bauglir

hmmmm

hmmmm

This is really tough. There are a lot fights that I like better than the finale in The Victim, but few that I can say are definitely better (IMO of course...). It depends on whether you are talking about Leung Kar Yan vs Chang Yi, or are you also including the 2 fights that come just before it? If you are talking about just Chang Yi vs Leung Kar Yan, I can come up with a good #, but if you are talking about all 3 fights then that is going to be hard to match. The only one I can say is better is the final fight in Buddha Assassinator, mainly because of the uniqueness of it.

And you posted this in the classic kung fu section. Are movies 1985 and after allowed as well? Becuase with JAckie, Sammo, Donnie... I feel that there are a lot of better fights than the finale in The Victim.

And I can't find that Buddha Assassinator end fight on youtube. I thought for sure it would be on there. I wish I knew how to upload clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk_fAKWQenw

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk_fAKWQenw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk_fAKWQenw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know if this is the best, but it is one of my favorite fights.

Morgoth Bauglir

That's a top 10 right there MArkgway, but not quite the best. I can't post the clip because of nudity, but the nude fight scene in Shaolin Dolemite is what I have decided is the best fight. Lo Rei had a tough time handling that lady's boobs. Just try and name a better fight than that.:D

If modern fights count then I'll post the endfight between Donnie Yen and Colin Chu in Flashpoint. The fights between Donnie and Wu Jing and Donnie and Sammo come in right behind it in Sha Po Lang.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah that is what I was thinking too Chinatown kid. Collin Chou vs Donnie Yen, and Jackie vs Benny in Dragons Forever (I think most people prefer their fight in Wheels on Meals, but I like the one in Dragons Forever more).

Those guys in the clip Mark posted looked so stiff in their movements that they looked like rigamortis had set in lol. Yeah Morgoth I love both Jackie's fights with Benny in those two films as well.

Morgoth Bauglir

I like The Victim and Buddha Assassinator finales more, but that is a really amazing fight. John Liu and Eagle Han make your jaw drop to the floor, and then bam! Wong Tao comes in with the best kick of the fight. But I don't think it matches the intensity that's in The Victim (though if we are talking just Chang Yi vs Leung Lar Yan and not the other 2 fights, then I would put it ahead), and while it's a vry creative fight because of the awesome legwork, I don't think it matches the creativity in the Buddha Assassinator finale. And to be "the" best fight scene, I think it has to be nearly perfect, and that little bit of stunt doubling in Death Duel takes away from the fight a bit. I'm not complaining about it (because I like to see goofy stuff like that in kung fu movies), but I think it may take it out of the running as "the" best fight scene. And speaking of not being perfect, the end of the final fight in Buddha Assassinator is a bit disappointing for me, but I've seen Hwang get defeated in much worse ways, so I can't complain too much.

Another fight I know is highly regarded is the finale in Fearless Dragons aka Two on the Road. -

t9ELvtEX5H0

When I first saw that, I thought it was the best fight ever. But as I watched it more I wasn't completely satisfied with Wang Lung Wei's performance. He does very good don't get me wrong, but at times it seems like he has trouble keeping up with the choreography. Or maybe it's just because I like watching WLW do a kickboxing style more than shapes. What do you guys this of that fight? The best?

And here's another one I'll throw into the mix-

k8L_V1lwFbU

The Amazing Psycho Per

This is to tough... I forgot how amazing The Victim's end fight was. There are so many awesome fights. I'll had this for the sake of argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C94ZZu8bS6s

Like Falkor I cheated... That's two fights.

But man, it's so hard... Depends on if you feel on seeing weapons, shapes, hard hitting kung fu, one on one, against multiple opponents... I can't chose one sorry.

By the way Falkor, you presented The Victim as the ultimate fight but you said you disagree it is THE Best ever. Why don't you post your real pick.

The Victim is great, but a tad overrated.

Here's a better fight in my opinion.

Not sure which one I like better.. this or Deadly Challenger.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

my opinion might not be the most educated but one of the things that make a fight scene truly great to me is the attitude of the people involved.

furious anger and "yaahhhh!" before attacks are launched are cool but i prefer the calm collective demeanor of a master who, even in the midst of fatal circumstances, breathes easy, offers a smile and conversation and makes reference to the deadly situation with witty metaphor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_6wBM4snbI

That Dirty Ho fight is fantastic.

I have to give a vote for Gordon Liu vs Johnny Wang in Martial Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0n3jKJG94

But my favorite of all time has to be Jackie vs Ken Lo at the end of Drunken Master II. The choreography is amazing and the music adds to the mayhem. Classic!

Yes, those two are amazing, esp. the Chan fight, amazing action that was

Morgoth Bauglir

I wanted to post some from the king of kicks, but I can't find the BUddha Assassinator final fight on youtube.

After carefully considering this, and looking through everybody's posts, I think it's pretty obvious that this is the best fight scene ever filmed-

NZZ4pw2gTRI

After carefully considering this, and looking through everybody's posts, I think it's pretty obvious that this is the best fight scene ever filmed-

Sure, if your 90:p

Eight Diagram is a personal favourite of mine. There are so many fight scenes that are just amazing. Just think some of the best kung fu movies were made 30 years or so ago and have yet to be matched yet and probably never will.

Drunken master 2? gets me every time.

Archived