BRAVE AND THE EVIL Widescreen DVD out in Taiwan!

spannick

didn't find a Thread yet; there's a new Taiwan DVD out for Wang Yu's THE BRAVE AND THE EVIL from Hoker Records. it's in 2.35 (4:3) with optional Chinese and English Subs. should be uncut, 102:26 Runtime. no Extras.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-brave-and-the-evil-dvd-remastered-taiwan-version/1011693481-0-0-0-en/info.html

a definitive Must for Wang Yu Fans :)

k-13ixmPJq.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing! I hope that Hoker wil be putting out more films...

Someone needs to start a Hoker discography thread. Some of their films on yesasia that are advertised as having no subs actually do have english subs.

I've not seen the Brave & The Evil but I'm placing an order now & will write a review.

h

I've never heard of this film, is this one of Wang Yu's better films with good basher style fights? I liked The Chinese Boxer and Wang Yu: King of Boxers, is it similar?

Guest Markgway

Nice to know that there's finally a proper release of this rare film - letterboxed and subbed too.

I sure hope it's better then King of Boxers though... lol

I will definitely be picking this up to replace my horrible flk version. I wish they could have gotten a 16:9 transfer.

Nice to know that there's finally a proper release of this rare film - letterboxed and subbed too.

I sure hope it's better then King of Boxers though... lol[/quote

Whatdaya mean Mark, you didn't like to see Jimmy and lung fei bashing the **** out of one another all over the countryside, water and train? Sure he's not Bruce Lee but he sure puts on a mean brawl! ;)

Guest Markgway
Whatdaya mean Mark, you didn't like to see Jimmy and lung fei bashing the **** out of one another all over the countryside, water and train? Sure he's not Bruce Lee but he sure puts on a mean brawl! ;)

I liked Wang Yu when he worked for Shaw Bros - after that his work went rapidly downhill and never recovered culminating in disasters for Taiwan's Ed Wood Chu Yen-Ping. When The Killer Meteors is a mid-career highpoint you should probably pack it in.

I liked Wang Yu when he worked for Shaw Bros - after that his work went rapidly downhill and never recovered culminating in disasters for Taiwan's Ed Wood Chu Yen-Ping. When The Killer Meteors is a mid-career highpoint you should probably pack it in.

Well... Uh--- yeah.

Pretty much. Yep.:l

you must not have seen the sword ;)

I've always prefered Jimmy's empty handed brawls like A Man Called Tiger, Man from Hong Kong and Tattooed Dragon, just never have been into swordplay that much although I love the Lone Wolf and Cub films. He's not much of a MA technique wise but his cool as ice attitude makes all the difference.....

What did you think of the One Armed Swordsman films Mark?, these were supposed to be Jimmy's best regarded I think. Beach of the War Gods was pretty good as well.

I liked Flying Guillotine, but my favorite Wang Yu is his Shaw stuff. The Sword was somewhat like his Shaw material. I have Beach Of The War Gods on the shelf waiting to be watched. The Assassin, One Armed Swordsman, Golden Swallow, those are all classic Wang Yu films in my book.

Morgoth Bauglir
did the sword ever get a proper release? I have a dvd-r that I recorded from the tai seng full screen tape.

Crash released it like a year ago. Nice wide print though the subtitles are hard to read a lot of the time. I still had a great time watching it.

Thanks!

Crash released it like a year ago. Nice wide print though the subtitles are hard to read a lot of the time. I still had a great time watching it.

Guest Markgway
What did you think of the One Armed Swordsman films Mark?, these were supposed to be Jimmy's best regarded I think. Beach of the War Gods was pretty good as well.

Beach was OK, I think. I quite liked the two One-Armed Swordsman movies.

Yes even though it was swordplay I enjoyed those as well and thought they were well made, I think I actually liked the third one starring David Chiang the best though!

Archived