What One Movie Got You Into This Genre

Guest justkungfuman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fang Shih-yu

My first, period, was "Enter the Dragon".... My first Shaw Brothers was "Come Drink with Me".... My first Fu Sheng was "Heroes Two".... My first Jackie Chan was "Rumble in the Bronx".... My first Sammo Hung was "Warriors Two".... I could go on, but then, I'd wouldn't have time to watch more martial arts movies! :nerd:

Probably 1 or 2 movies that I can remember as a kid seeing at the Drive-in

Hot,Cool and the Vicious

Five Fingers of Death aka King Boxer

:squigglemouth:

My first MA movie was probably Enter the Dragon when I was maybe 11-12 years old. However I didn't really get hooked on the genre until last year when I discovered the Shaw Brothers films with 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

danthemandmv

I'd have to say''THE DELINQUENT''aka''STREET GANGS OF HONG KONG''(first saw it back in the spring of '82 on HBO.)

Jimmy Wang Yu's Tiger Boy started it all for me. I remember going to watch it for Margaret Tu Chuan but Jimmy Wang Yu impressed me the most in it.

kungpowmaster

Hmm.... I've always liked martial arts films, and watched them as a kid, but I think what more recently got me "into" it was the advent of DVDs, and a Tang/Ho ninja film, I got on some cheap Kung Fu set, which set into motion my greater interest and collection.

For me it was 5 Fingers of Death, saw it for the first time in 1992, my cousin gave me a tape with some cartoons,wrestling and this was on the last part of it. Me and my brother watched that film almost every day.

Archived