Time to start a fight... Absolute #1 Kung Fu film of all...?

Guest stormybman

Guest justkungfuman

I have a favorite that most have not seen and it's a Shaw Brothers classic. No good copies available anywhere....I have two copies quality fair on one and poor on other. Come on Celestial show these collectors what they are messing.....

To Kill A Mastermind

Guest Chinatown Kid

Goodbye Bruce Lee, His Last Game of Death

JK :D

Btw, Markgway told me to say The Iron Dragon Strikes Back is #1, which is a fave of his. :b

Guest stormybman
"If I had to narrow it down to one....... "Prodigal Son" ........ no "8 Diagram"........ DRAW"

It Ain't no draws, simply what YOU may feel is number one! Remember the title of this thread... " Time to start a fight..."

No Top Tens, Best Lists, commit to a favorite. The one Kung Fu film you would pay to see, take with you anyplace, recommend to people who don't like 'em, etc. .....

We're talking YOUR vote for #1!!! At the end of this we can tally and see what's the consensus. It can be a terrible movie, a Bruceploitation, Basher, whatever. Just select.

As far as i'm concerned, it's FOF, balls to bones! 8)

fb8d.jpg

"Do we fight alone....? Or, all together?!"

Guest Egocentrik1

to me it was a fight between:

the victim

prodigal son

8 diagram pole fighter

martial club

36th chamber

36th made it NO 1 !!

thats the perfect kung fu flick !!!

Guest W Hong

I have more than one possible choice for #1 kung fu movie of all time:

"Golden Swallow"

"Martial Arts of Shaolin"

"Master of the Flying Guillotine"

"Enter the Dragon"

"Way of the Dragon"

"OnceUATIC"

"Fist of Legend"

"Black Mask"

It's too hard to narrow it down from that list and decide which is the #1 kung fu movie. I might also add on "5 Element Ninja", but that movie is probably not called a "kung fu" movie.

Before reading through the thread,in my mind it distilled down to Fist of Fury (Chinese Connection). As many times as I've seen it, I can sit down and watch it again from the beginning, end, or middle. A close second would be Enter the Dragon. Most kung fu films since then strove to match the standards and jolt these films gave audiences.

Guest killer meteor

I'd go for Fist Of Fury for the sheer impact it had on me. For repeated viewing value, Encounter Of The Spooky Kind or Crippled Avengers

Guest TheManInWhite

Fist of Fury (known in the US as Chinese Connection). I wouldn't be typing right now in this forum if it wasn't for this film. It had a groundbreaking experience on my life to the point where my brother and I actually took karate lessons. It had the entire package (plot, acting and of course the action). Bruce's raw emotions jump off the screen right at you. This movie stoked the fires of the love affair I have with the KF genre.

Avenging Eagle is another film that has impacted me greatly, and it comes in a very close 2nd in terms of my all time favorites.

Guest ukrevrend

Very difficult decision......So many classics to choose from, but being a fan of 'Shapes' for me it has to be 'Warriors Two', Fong Hak On's Mantis is awesome, saw it twice in the cinema back in 79/80, countless VHS versions,1 VCD and now 3 DVD versions.

Sammo I salute you!!!!

p.s Honorary mention to 'Prodigal Son' 'Kid From Kwangtung' 'The Victim' and 'Iron Fisted Monk'

Bless:hat

Guest schleg64

So far, I'd have to say "Enter the Dragon". I admit that it isn't Bruce's best film ("Fist of Fury" takes that honor), but ETD is the kind of film I never get tired of seeing over and over. I can't count the number of times I've seen it over the years.