Dogs Of Chinatown (2008)

daisho2004

Has anyone seen the trailer for this new movie looks & sounds pretty good, it was posted on the main site by Mark Pollard here is the trailer.

By Mark Pollard • October 29, 2007

All I have to say is wow. Wowie wow wow! I just received head’s up on and notice of a teaser (see below) for a new noir martial arts movie from writer-director Micah Moore and producer Blake Faucette. The title is DOGS OF CHINATOWN. The star is Eric Jacobus of The Stunt People. The action is hot.

When a war breaks out between the Italian Mafia and Chinese Triad, Boss Wu needs someone to infiltrate the Italians. Enter Jack (Jacobus), a depressed loner at the end of his rope. He is groomed into the Triad’s top assassin, a position that garners him respect and appreciation. But just when things are looking up, Jack falls for the Triad boss’ favorite mistress Jin. The star-crossed lovers soon find themselves in the crosshairs, and Jack must challenge the Mafia and the Triad to protect the woman he loves.

To many modern martial arts action fans on the net, Eric Jacobus of The Stunt People needs no introduction. He’s already proven himself to be one of America’s most talented screen fighters through a series of self-produced short films released online leading up through his feature-length indie actioner CONTOUR. Now, Jacobus looks to be moving to the next level, whether Hollywood is ready for him or not.

DOGS OF CHINATOWN co-stars Huyen Thai, Bill Oberst Jr. and Ray Carbonel. The film recently began post-production and is now being shopped at AFM through Crimson Wolf Productions. Distribution inquiries should be directed to John Rushton at rushton@criwolf.com. [minislides]

http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=2952

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any news of a DVD date?

Does anyone know why Dogs of Chinatown hasn't already been released on DVD?

just found a new trailer...

S2wqF9pd5DI

and the old one...

ddun-TIXMaA

Miscellaneous Dogs of Chinatown news story

92lwvWF3LZw

Behind-the-scenes Dogs of Chinatown

SxzFVxq-lD0

Dogs of Chinatown pre-ADR trailer

oChB5Oyh8sY

thundered mantis

You can order it through stuntpeople´s webpage, here:

http://www.thestuntpeople.com/

I´ve already ordered mine. If you haven´t seen Contour, do yourself a favour and order it already. Will surely be your best action film invested $ of the year!

Guest WuxiaFan

I´ve already ordered mine. If you haven´t seen Contour, do yourself a favour and order it already. Will surely be your best action film invested $ of the year!

:laluot_26:

THANKS thundered mantis!! Just placed my order! I've been waiting to see this for 2 years. The Stunt People are just unbelievable! CONTOUR is incredible (the fight scenes, that is). It is definately a low budget movie. DOGS OF CHINATOWN looks like a real production - can't wait!

:khi6m:

Cheers for that I just hope they ship to the UK now, they didn't the last time I checked.

Oh yeah I've seen Contour! Brilliant film! :xd: It's one of the main reasons I've been looking forward to seeing Dogs of Chinatown.

Cheers for that I just hope they ship to the UK now, they didn't the last time I checked. .

They do now ship to the UK but $9 shipping is extremely excessive! And if you add another DVD that's another $4!

I know it's fairly comparable to Amazon US marketplace traders - which is why I never use them because of the ridiculous shipping fee - however most online retailers themselves charge roughly half of that! US traders on Amazon UK receive £1.24 for delivery that's less than $1 .

I'm all for supporting the stunt people (or whoever) to make more quality martial-arts films but nearly 50 - 60 per cent extra in delivery costs (making it around £15-£16 or $24) makes it a costly acquisition!

I seriously think they need to re evaluate their shipping costs for the UK (and probably elsewhere internationally). Those delivery charges are completely ridiculous.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

They do now ship to the UK but $9 shipping is extremely excessive! And if you add another DVD that's another $4!

I know it's fairly comparable to Amazon US marketplace traders - which is why I never use them because of the ridiculous shipping fee - however most online retailers themselves charge roughly half of that! US traders on Amazon UK receive £1.24 for delivery that's less than $1 .

I'm all for supporting the stunt people (or whoever) to make more quality martial-arts films but nearly 50 - 60 per cent extra in delivery costs (making it around £15-£16 or $24) makes it a costly acquisition!

I seriously think they need to re evaluate their shipping costs for the UK (and probably elsewhere internationally). Those delivery charges are completely ridiculous.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Yup. 9 bucks shipping to Canada as well. Hopefully hkflix or someone else stocks it for people outside the US.

Anyone know if these new dvds will be anamorpphic ?? I was pretty disappointed when I popped in the contour dvd and it wasn't.

Anyone know if these new dvds will be anamorpphic ?? I was pretty disappointed when I popped in the contour dvd and it wasn't.

mine is anamorphic, perhaps theres' a newer version?

One Armed Boxer

I watched this yesterday and I have to say, despite the all-out fight fest that the trailer seemed to promise, the movie actually has a lot more drama than action.

Jacobus has 3 fights and a few exchanges with his mentor throughout the movie. Out of the 3 fights 2 are frustratingly short....however the final throwdown with Ray Carbonel (also seen in action from 'Contour') does deliver the goods in satisfying style...however for me it was too little too late.

The drama sadly plods along with increasingly bland exchanges delivered in truly ham-fisted style, everyone goes through the movie completely poker faced, like they've been taking acting lessons off Leon Lai.

Micah Moore has great potential as a film-maker, and I hope he & Jacobus' sequel to 'Contour', 'Beat Down Boogie', will eventually be completed, as it shows much more promise. Jacobus himself seems to be most comfortable when playing characters that are similar in personality to his own....

.....as proven by 'Detective Story', which I also received in the same package, and although also containing nowhere near as much action as 'Contour', the movie was more enjoyable than 'Dogs of Chinatown', as everyone seemed to be having a good time while making it....and we're treated to an excellent 2 on 2 fight at the end which is choreographed superbly and worth the price of admission alone.

I watched this yesterday and I have to say, despite the all-out fight fest that the trailer seemed to promise, the movie actually has a lot more drama than action.

Jacobus has 3 fights and a few exchanges with his mentor throughout the movie. Out of the 3 fights 2 are frustratingly short....however the final throwdown with Ray Carbonel (also seen in action from 'Contour') does deliver the goods in satisfying style...however for me it was too little too late.

The drama sadly plods along with increasingly bland exchanges delivered in truly ham-fisted style, everyone goes through the movie completely poker faced, like they've been taking acting lessons off Leon Lai.

Micah Moore has great potential as a film-maker, and I hope he & Jacobus' sequel to 'Contour', 'Beat Down Boogie', will eventually be completed, as it shows much more promise. Jacobus himself seems to be most comfortable when playing characters that are similar in personality to his own....

.....as proven by 'Detective Story', which I also received in the same package, and although also containing nowhere near as much action as 'Contour', the movie was more enjoyable than 'Dogs of Chinatown', as everyone seemed to be having a good time while making it....and we're treated to an excellent 2 on 2 fight at the end which is choreographed superbly and worth the price of admission alone.

cheers for your thoughts. I'm a little disappointed hearing about Dogs Of Chinatown I had high hopes for that movie. I think I'll wait for other retailers to sell either film but Detective Story will be the 1st one I get now.

make believe

That is a shame to hear about Dogs of Chinatown. I have to admit that trailer didn't make it look too hot and the sex scenes were a bit of a put off as well. I still want to see it either way.

Detective Story seems more promising.

Has anyone seen the Undercut?

One Armed Boxer
Has anyone seen the Undercut?

Yeah...it's a decent short if you can get in cheaply.

I think the main concern with the Stunt People is that for many people (including myself, even though I was aware of them before), 'Contour', was the first taste of what they can do....and frankly, it was amazing.

What they've put out both before and after is still of a high standard in terms of fight choreography...but 'Contour' is definitely on another level, I still have friends who don't want to watch movies where they "have to read"...so 'Contour' is always the perfect introduction for them. Once they've watched that, if they're promised more of the same quality action, suddenly having to read isn't such a problem for them anymore!:wink:

Archived