Polly Shang Kuan

Manozen

Hi,

Polly Shang Kuan delivers tremendous authority in performance, both by way of a deceptively powerful presence

and martial artistic technique . Tigresses is this very point in fact :

Polly Shang Kuan - Filmography

Manozen

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOxB3RhodE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOxB3RhodE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Manozen,

That clip looked good. What movie is that from?

Thanks

h

Shan Kwan is good...I like her but, I'll take Chia Ling over her on most days-if not all...

Man!!! Polly is fine as HELL!!! Her films never exploited her beauty, however, it must not be mistaken, she was. :P

I always enjoyed her role as the little tomboyish character in Back Alley Princess.

Man!!! Polly is fine as HELL!!! Her films never exploited her beauty, however, it must not be mistaken, she was. :P

I always enjoyed her role as the little tomboyish character in Back Alley Princess.

She was hot, that's for sure but, I think Chia Ling was more sexy.

Top Hotties in Kung Fu Cinema

A. Hui Ying Hung

B. Cynthia Khan

C. Hsia Kuang Li

D. Mao Ying

E. Sibelle Hu

F. Michelle Khan

G. Yu On On

H. Chia Ling

I. Yukari Oshima

J. Michiko Nishiwaki

K. Hsu Feng

L. Li Choi-Fung

Seeing that Hsu Feng and Li Choi Fung are at the bottom of the above list, obviously said ladies are not listed in order of hotness...:P

ironfistedmonk

I never really warmed to Polly, she starred in some really bad movies which is probably the main reason why. She isn't as hot as a lot of the other actresses either IMO although she looked quite tasty in her early basher movies, great legs too, she got dressed up as a bloke too many times as well :S

Morgoth Bauglir

I always liked Polly a lot, but like Jingangchan I would take Chia Ling in both fighting skills and hotness. Sounds like a good idea for a poll.

What about Etsuko "Sue" Shihomi? :l

She's hot too...haven't seen much of her but, she's hot. I also forgot to mention Yang Pan Pan above...I don't know how I could have done that...arguably the hotest of all time (a la The Two Wonderous Tigers and more). Great skill too...but, man did she prune up! All the other chicks aged very well but for some reason Yueng Pan Pan aged horribly. Shame...

I never really warmed to Polly, she starred in some really bad movies which is probably the main reason why. She isn't as hot as a lot of the other actresses either IMO although she looked quite tasty in her early basher movies, great legs too, she got dressed up as a bloke too many times as well :S

Not my favorite but, at least she rates. One thing I did always like about her is that she had balanced fighting skills and exuded some power in her strikes. A lot of chicks didn't do that-at least not all the time. For example, Mao Ying looked like she had little power until about the late '70s. Even worse, Hsu Feng looked like she didn't even have much real skill to begin with...but, Hsu Feng made up for it by being one of the prettiest chicks ever on screen. To Kill with Intrigue was the only movie where she performed any martial arts that impressed me at all.

I always liked Polly a lot, but like Jingangchan I would take Chia Ling in both fighting skills and hotness. Sounds like a good idea for a poll.
Yeah, Jia Ling's strikes usually looked like they HURT. They looked brutal...She could punch, kick and was maybe the best at weapons play in all of HK Cinema. She had some nice curves too...maybe not the prettiest of all the HK chicks in the strictest sense of the term (and she was pretty) but, certainly one of the sexiest. I think they would have been a good match-up but, I think Chia Ling would have come out on top-especially if they were using weapons.

I don't think some of Polly's good films have gotten enough attention. The Brave & The Evil was GREAT. Rarekungfumovies rates Swordsmen Of All Swordsmen highly, too. Now that these are out on nice dvd's, maybe others will follow. I'm keeping a lookout.

I don't think some of Polly's good films have gotten enough attention. The Brave & The Evil was GREAT. Rarekungfumovies rates Swordsmen Of All Swordsmen highly, too. Now that these are out on nice dvd's, maybe others will follow. I'm keeping a lookout.

Maybe one day I'll check that one out too. I should have mentioned Pearl Lin and unbelievably I've not seen one Joyce Godenzi movie.

Morgoth Bauglir

Godenzi is pretty tough. Good fighters stance and good kicking and punching. She even does a motorcyle stunt in She Shoots Straight, and in the final fight she does a flip onto her back, and kicks her opponent in the head while flipping. I don't know how to explain it, you would have to see it. But cool to see she wasn't doubled.

Godenzi is pretty tough. Good fighters stance and good kicking and punching. She even does a motorcyle stunt in She Shoots Straight, and in the final fight she does a flip onto her back, and kicks her opponent in the head while flipping. I don't know how to explain it, you would have to see it. But cool to see she wasn't doubled.

Sounds cool...I'll have to order some movies with her one day. She looked good on that Youtube link.

I really liked Polly in 'A Girl Called Tigress'. She had a great fight with Kurata at the man, what a total bastard that guy was.

I heard she was married to Sammo at one time...? Lucky bastard Sammo!:P

Godenzi is a real fox!

Yeah, she was hot alright...half Aussy/half Asian. Don't know how good her fighting was but, from what little I've seen she looks pretty good. I haven't seen her movies but, now I intend to.

Sammo was an item with Cynthia Rothrock too at one point.

How often is she doubled?

Hi,

Polly Shang Kuan will forever hold ‘er own up against the best of them. XD

All of the aforementioned women have their own respective fighting skill set / foundation : From the opera-based world of Mao Ying and Chia Ling to the modern day fighting stylee of Joyce Godenzi . The likes of Moon Lee and Yeung Pan Pan would probably stake claim to an ultimate supremacy as they always made a masterful transition between shapes and many a heavyweight kickboxing style exchange.

Many a magic martial moment to choose from ........ :monkey11

Manozen

Archived