Kung Fu Master - quick question

niro

Just wanted to ask quick question on the Kung Fu master (1979) film with Sammo Hung.

The character called "kung fu ching"...what is his real name and could anyone provide information on him please?

I liked this film and i thought he was jokes, reminded me of trouble maker fu sheng but of course nowhere near wit the kung fu ability that Fu possessed

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Killer in White is also known as Shadow Ninja, or at least that's what they named it for the 50-pack. AWESOME movie. Tung Wei is flawless in his movements. I would put him ahead of Fu Sheng in kung fu ability.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Wasn't Tung Wei Bruce Lee's top student back in the day? He's great in Mask Of Death aka. Shaolin Angel/Shaolin Devil. Fu Sheng is excellent too no doubt. No need to really compare the two, they're both great, but Tung Wei may possibly have been a little more talented.

Morgoth Bauglir

I also like Tung Wei in Mask of Death. That movie has one of my favorite training scenes. The only reason I compared Tung Wei to Fu Sheng is because Niro did in his initial post. Fu Sheng has good forms, but as a kung fu movie fighter I take Tung Wei hands down. It's a shame he didn't have many movies to show the best of his stuff.

Morgoth Bauglir

I thought Tung Wei was great in MAr's Villa, up until his fight with John Liu. I was majorly disappointed with that fight. I think the slow mo ruined it for me, and it is too short of a fight. And Tung Wei just didn't look that good IMO.

I suppose cos i've seen lot more Fu Sheng i rate him higher...anyway the reason i said they were similar is due from what i seen they are both cheeky and jokers, that's probably why i like those sort of fighters

So I recently revisited Incredible Kung Fu Master, and Tung Wei has some serious skills.

It is actually quite amazing, since in the first half of the movie, you'd think this guy has never practiced any martial arts ever. Then he starts doing the splits between tables and does that mad routine on the slippery floor in front of Sammo. I remember I was like "What the hell!" the first time I watched this movie, as it was the first I had seen starring Tung Wei. It's a pretty fun movie, despite the DREADFUL dub on my version.

I also noticed that Leung Kar Yan was listed as an action choreographer here, although I'm guessing he was just assisting Sammo Hung and Lam Ching-Ying who did most of the choreo?

Archived