Mandarin print of FIST OF FURY

reason108

Hey, this may be old news but over at aintitcool.com there is a slight blurb about Fist of Legend. But, it is what is mentioned in the blurb that is interesting.

I will cut and paste here but also provide the link for you to read. Hope I am not violating any rules by doing this but thought it was interesting to read.

This is a quote from Harry Knowles:

"This is a remake of Bruce Lee’s FIST OF FURY (known in US as CHINESE CONNECTION) – and while it is f*****g(my edit) unbelievably great… Bruce Lee’s original FIST OF FURY in Mandarin is even better. I didn’t used to feel this way. When I first saw FIST OF LEGEND, I had only seen the American version of Bruce’s film. But when Tarantino screened his original Mandarin print of FIST OF FURY – HOLY F**K(my edit) – suddenly you could watch and hear Bruce’s full performance – and the missing scenes were everything. That said – I LOVE FIST OF LEGEND. Easily one of the great Jet Li movies. If you’ve never seen it. I can not possibly recommend it highly enough!"

here is the link: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38141

it is about half way down the page

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Running Man

Ignore Harry Knowles. He has no idea what he is talking about.

This is the same guy who wrote a "review" of Blade 2 where it was an entire graphic description of oral sex.

Guest Markgway

There's no extra scenes in the Mandarin print of FIST and obviously we don't HEAR Bruce's voice (he couldn't even speak the language).

Archived