Thoughts on Dragon Lee

WongFury

sifu iron perm

Dragons on Fire is my fav flick from him..

Bruce Li----------------)the other clones

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I also feel that way about all the other Bruce Lee impersonators.

A person of integrity.

:nerd:

A person of integrity.

:nerd:

One could say "A person of integrity...wouldn't play mob characters, or wouldn't play gangbangers, or wouldn't play a sterotype." It's a paying gig.... Bruce didn't always conduct himself with integrity in his private life. Why should actors looking for work be held to a higher standard? It's just a film.....

Laura

I second "He sucks"....

Bruce Li is the only Bruceploitaton actor who had some quality films under his belt. He at least tried.

At the moment I think SECRET NINJA, ROARING TIGER is my favourite Hwang Jang Lee in a role like his NINJA IN THE DRAGON'S DEN role has a lot do with I feel in a way it almost like an expansion to his role in NINJA though not really linked other than the Taoist Magic.

aXnPunj6zqk

I second "He sucks"....

Bruce Li is the only Bruceploitaton actor who had some quality films under his belt. He at least tried.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. Bruce Li had a certain unique charisma to him that the others, primarily Dragon Lee and Bruce Le, were missing. Basically, if you look at the bulk of Li's films, he had more of his own personality in the non-fight scenes, really only showing any "Bruce-isms" during the fights... and even that wasn't in every film. Le and Dragon, on the other hand, cranked the Bruceploitation up to 11 at EVERY moment. Moreso Dragon, as Le once in a LONG whild could tone it down... best example would be the clips I saw of him in Future Hunters with Robert Patrick.

Also, did anyone else ever think that Jason Scott Lee resembled Dragon Lee in Dragon The Bruce Lee Story more than he did Bruce Lee? Or is it just me? :tongue:

One could say "A person of integrity...wouldn't play mob characters, or wouldn't play gangbangers, or wouldn't play a sterotype." It's a paying gig.... Bruce didn't always conduct himself with integrity in his private life. Why should actors looking for work be held to a higher standard? It's just a film.....

Laura

I love you, CatNap.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I personally disliked the Bruce Lee clone era.

Dragon Lee was the most annoying of the lot IMO.

The few films I saw with his Bruce mask removed were not too bad.

Were not most of his films with Godfrey Ho.which says a lot.

I remember someone posted a picture of him last year. The man looked great you could tell he never stopped doing his kung fu.

BTW does anyone know of his martial arts background if any?

GD Y-Y

Also, did anyone else ever think that Jason Scott Lee resembled Dragon Lee in Dragon The Bruce Lee Story more than he did Bruce Lee? Or is it just me? :tongue:

Yes certainly, we've mentioned the same thing on the clones forum.

odioustrident

Saw a good Dragon Lee clip recently and couldn't place the film. He's doing his mantis on a rocky beach against three guys, one with an eyepatch. Great fight - he lifts one of them in the air and does multiple strikes before he comes down - one of those moments that gave me renewed interest in the Koreans.

Can't agree with this, Ho Chung-Tao made some nice flicks but also starred in most of trash (Conspiracy, Bruce Against Superman, Bruce's Magnum Fist, Goodbye Bruce Lee...). Dragon Lee was actually more himself then Ho Chung-Tao.

I personally disliked the Bruce Lee clone era.

It is suddenly pretty usual among Kung Fu movies fans, especially Bruce Lee fans .:squigglemouth:

Dragon Lee was the most annoying of the lot IMO.

Don't know mate, he made few trash films but also he made quite many movies that I've enjoyed.

Were not most of his films with Godfrey Ho.which says a lot.

Actually none of his movies was directed by Godfrey Ho...

BTW does anyone know of his martial arts background if any?

Hapkido, Taekwando, Bodybuilding.

Here is recent photo of him, cheers!

actorsdragonleegcurrent01.jpg

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

MG Lerox Go To My Opinion Is:

Just kidding MG.

Thanks for pointing out my wrong statements much appreciated.

I will admit I did like his films when he did not do the Bruce Lee Clone routine.

Thanks for his martial background.

Must admit before this thread I did not know he was Korean.

Nice pic the man obviously still looks great.

Blessings,

GD Y-Y

No problems GDYY, it is pretty hard to find out decent info on Dragon Lee or any other Korean star but i'm still trying my best to find out much as i can. If you have any more questions ask, regards.

Archived