Thoughts on Dragon Lee

WongFury

after watching champ against champ i was entertained both good and unintentional comedic way buy this man, i do like that movie to where he goes to beat everyone up till the end, are there anymore films he's done that are any good, ones i was curious about are Dragon the young Master and Dynamite Trio and Ways of Kung Fu are theses good?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

He's not in Dynamite Trio as far as I remember? Ways of Kung Fu was OKish, I'm not a big fan of clone movies in general and Dragon Lee is not one of my favourite actors ;)

Martial Monks of Shaolin Temple and Dragons Snake Fist are watchable

Hi.

Five Pattern Dragon Claws is excellent IMO, ........

Dragon Lee Filmography

Manozen

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JPAaPd92U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JPAaPd92U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also ckeck out Mission For The Dragon and Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger. They're very good, although I'm not a Dragon Lee fan.

I think we would talk about Dragon Lee differently if he worked with better choreographers.

...and if he weren't such an over-acting, hyped, rip-off of the real deal!

:mad:

wow sounds like alot of people arent to fond of him

He sucks, basically.

Yeah.

well the stuff he's done in the 90's isn't that bad, in some of the Korean films he's made. those had better choreography, without him acting like Bruce Lee fused with the donkey kong from what ive seen in some clips online, he looks better in the more recent ones to those, hasn't he done something more recent like a korean tv show?

Chinatown Kid

Ive got him and Casanova Wong in the 90's Korean film Blues of Chongro and they both display some fine kicks and boxing style punches in it. For his oldschool stuff, The Dragon's Snakefist isn't too bad.

SlothStyleKungFu

He's really not that good, but he's got that weird, so-bad-he's-good quality. You know, kinda' like Miles O'Keefe or Reb Brown. Seemingly he had the looks to be a good star but was mostly kinda' lame, despite really trying, in some mostly subpar flicks.

Chinatown Kid

I used to have a modern Korean movie Dragon Lee was in and he fought HJL in the finale but can't remember the name, it had some pretty good fights.

Dragon Lee is one of the better actors to come out of the Bruceploitation craze. Can't really blame him for taking that name either.

Killer Meteor

Dragon Lee made a good impression in Last Fist Of Fury and Big Boss II - I mean, he's ludicrous, but funny. He also has an good cameo in Godfrey Ho's well-made The Magnificent.

Unfortunately, all those Godfrey Ho pic-ups he made - Golden Dragon Silver Snake, Dragon The Young Master etc - suffer from terrible dubbing (by a BBC journalist, no less!), boring stories, rubbish sound FX and speeded up fights. Some of the worst trash I've ever seen.

I never really got into the Bruce Lee exploitation films but I did like watching Dragon Lee and Danny Lee, for that matter, in Bruce Lee: His Last Days, His Last Nights. Some things are so bad, they're good. I can't blame actors for trying to earn a buck, after all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....however Game of Death - which was not one of Bruce's films, despite the arguments, was one of the most shameful pieces of trash out there as exploitation goes.

Laura

He sucks.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I also feel that way about all the other Bruce Lee impersonators.

Archived