Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy!!!

movie freak

Hello I was just wondering if anyone owns or has seen the fortune star remaster of chinese ghost story? if so, is it region free and are the subtitles bad? if anyone can give me some info i'd appreciate it so much ;)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have the trilogy in the nice cardboard boxset. 3 discs. The image is rather well done. The colors are brighter than HKL version, but not as sharp as the HKL. Region free, the subs are understandable. I definitely refer this version, it looks sharp on your shelves.

If you're talking about the Deltamac/Fortune Star discs, according to the information I have they are Region 3/6. As for the subs...it's been awhile since I've watched them, but I don't remember them being atypical (take that as you will).

The old Mega Star/Media Asia discs were region free. Dunno how the subs were.

I guess you're talking about the Joy Sales/Fortune Star box. It's region free; subs probably are the old Deltamac subs.

The Mega Star and Deltamac discs are out of print. It looks like if you really want to seem these movies, the Joy Sales box is the only option.

Here's a dvdtalk review of the set:

Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy

If you're talking about the Deltamac/Fortune Star discs, according to the information I have they are Region 3/6. As for the subs...it's been awhile since I've watched them, but I don't remember them being atypical (take that as you will).

The old Mega Star/Media Asia discs were region free. Dunno how the subs were.

I guess you're talking about the Joy Sales/Fortune Star box. It's region free; subs probably are the old Deltamac subs.

The Mega Star and Deltamac discs are out of print. It looks like if you really want to seem these movies, the Joy Sales box is the only option.

Here's a dvdtalk review of the set:

Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy

ooooo lol thanks for the info but i just wanna know if the subs are at least understandable? like i dont want those subs that go like "we are not him but he with us go" ya know? i purchased sum crappy dvds before and that made me very angry lol i dunt mind mispells and minor errors but horrible translations are a nuisance

i have the trilogy in the nice cardboard boxset. 3 discs. The image is rather well done. The colors are brighter than HKL version, but not as sharp as the HKL. Region free, the subs are understandable. I definitely refer this version, it looks sharp on your shelves.

thanks for the information, it helped alot but the version you own is it the same as the one on this link?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/16649/chinese-ghost-story-trilogy-a/

ooooo lol thanks for the info but i just wanna know if the subs are at least understandable? like i dont want those subs that go like "we are not him but he with us go" ya know? i purchased sum crappy dvds before and that made me very angry lol i dunt mind mispells and minor errors but horrible translations are a nuisance

As far as I can recall the subs are no where near 'we are not him but he with us go' level.

gravedigger666

I had forgotten this series since vhs era ended.isn`t there hong kong legends versions also?part 1 is very nice,2 too where giant buddha shoots rays.I recall 3 was quite crap though....score is one of best in chinese movies

As far as I can recall the subs are no where near 'we are not him but he with us go' level.

lol alright then, thanks so much for the heads up! XD;)

The English translation is terrible, with many grammatical and syntax errors ("We'll never meat again"). The poor subtitles make the movies' storylines even more confusing than they should be.

That sux!

I still have the old Megastar discs, have been wanting toup-grade mine as well. If I can find a deal on the HKL's I'll go with them. Ill use Joy Sales version as a last resort.

Archived