Shaw Bros websites: Going ... going ... gone!

teako170

I remember my first website, Ultimate Martial Arts Tribute, which would later emerge to High Impact, which I ran from 2001-2006...2003-04 did a lot of Shaw Brothers stuff ...once I became a dad for the first time, I had to balance my full-time job at the time and fatherhood, and despite a small attempt to resurrect the site in 2007, I just decided to hang it up...

High Impact was a former Kung Fu Cinema Link of the Week...I had named it after Art of High Impact Kicking, and I gradually extended it to both Martial Arts and Asian Cinema as a whole.

Did I miss High Impact after ending it...yeah I did, but who knew that it would be the launchpad to where I am today...5 and a half years now as a member of the KFC team :)

There was a Shawscope website back in the day, but I learned that were plagarizing some of my reviews and tried to make them their own. I remember because I had gotten e-mails from High Impact fans who informed me of this so I went and investigated and lo and behold, they were going word for word...I said something, people complained, and then the Shawscope site was gone...I think this was 2002 maybe 2003?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Myself, for many reasons, have not posted on FLK for years but I lurk from time to time to see what's going on. Their forum has been super quiet for many months now.

Long live KFC!!! :tongue:

Do you speak French sir?

GD Y-Y

There was a Shawscope website back in the day, but I learned that were plagarizing some of my reviews and tried to make them their own.

Yeah that site made for interesting discussions. Not only plagiarized articles but duplicated user IDs from our old board, then lifted forum threads and posted them over there as if they were original to that site. I recall even a few of my own articles (images, html, whole enchilada) were swiped.

Yeah that site made for interesting discussions. Not only plagiarized articles but duplicated user IDs from our old board, then lifted forum threads and posted them over there as if they were original to that site. I recall even a few of my own articles (images, html, whole enchilada) were swiped.

That still happens, more or less, even today. Twitchfilm will troll these boards and then post the news on their site. Hard to find originality in websites/newsites anymore. They all get the same information from each other these days.

On 6/6/2021 at 5:49 PM, Cognoscente said:

It's become a private club: https://www.beijingvideo.com/bjv/f2.html

I remember back in 2001 that he had a forum which was a ghost town.

I have so many memories of ordering my first Shaw Brother's bootleg vhs films from Ralph at beijingvideo back in the late 90's.   

• Like 1

On 3/9/2014 at 9:56 PM, bigrogie said:

Just saw this. Mais oui je parle le Français.

Do you still have your ebay store?  I remember purchasing off you years ago!