Bronson

daisho2004

This trailer was on the Home Page, and it looks really good I would just like to know when its suppose to be released.

A teaser trailer for upcoming crime actioner BRONSON is now available. Based on the life of notorious British career prisoner Charles Bronson (not to be confused with the deceased action film star), this latest film from Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn features highly stylized yet grounded and unflinching screen violence in keeping with the filmmaker’s previous PUSHER trilogy.

The film stars Tom Hardy, an actor I last saw in Matthew Vaughn’s excellent crime thriller LAYER CAKE (2004). He plays Charles Bronson, a real-life tough guy who was arrested for robbery at the age of 19 and has since spent 33 years of his life in British prisons for repeated violent behavior that included assaults on prison guards and a hostage-taking incident. While in prison, much of it confined to solitary, Bronson has developed an extreme fitness program to make the most of his limited space.

The teaser looks extremely good and I can say I am very much looking forward to seeking this film. It appears to take prison actioners like CHOPPER and UNDISPUTED 2 to a whole new level of artistry and brutality.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=2888

2888-01.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

Yeah i believe I would rather see a movie about the life of Charles Bronson the action actor and not Charles Bronson the thug! It is terrible what goes on in prisons though, a lot of those guys are brutal monsters and a person has to look over their shoulder constantly in fear of being raped or attacked/killed and are never able to relax. That's not to say most of the people in Prison probably deserve to be there. From what I've seen in docs and shows like oz, I believe I'd rather die than have to go there. :(

Well 1st. off OZ is Total Bull**** that's #1 and I've been working in Corrections for the past 18yrs. so yes there is a lot of violence in the Jails but more so its Inmate on Inmate but Staff (Officers) due get assaulted it happens unfortunately but thats part of the job. But a side from that I'm interested in seeing this movie.

• Administrator
Yeah i believe I would rather see a movie about the life of Charles Bronson the action actor and not Charles Bronson the thug! It is terrible what goes on in prisons though, a lot of those guys are brutal monsters and a person has to look over their shoulder constantly in fear of being raped or attacked/killed and are never able to relax. That's not to say most of the people in Prison probably deserve to be there. From what I've seen in docs and shows like oz, I believe I'd rather die than have to go there. :(

Everytime I hear or see CB's name I want to re-watch HARD TIMES or THE MECHANIC.

Any of you guy ever see him in THE EVIL THAT MEN DO? Cool flick. In one scene Charlie wrings a guys nuts like he getting water out of laundry! :cry:

There was a TV movie about CB's wife Jill Ireland (I think that's her name), and if I remember correctly, Lance Henricksen played Bronson! It's not a classic. ;)

If its by the same guy that did the Pusher series, i dont expected it to glamourise[feels like i spelled this wrong] prison life at all ,in fact quite the opposite. The Pusher series was more Gangster Horror stories and was not glamd' up at all.Its one of the realest looks at the underworld Ive seen. The people in those films were Fd' up. If anything those movies should scare people out of wanting to live that kind of lifestyle. Thanks for the post .Looking forward to see new work from a brilliant director

Chinatown Kid
Well 1st. off OZ is Total Bull**** that's #1 and I've been working in Corrections for the past 18yrs. so yes there is a lot of violence in the Jails but more so its Inmate on Inmate but Staff (Officers) due get assaulted it happens unfortunately but thats part of the job. But a side from that I'm interested in seeing this movie.

Daisho I would like to apologize on my comment to your thread as looking back it was rather rude of me. I understand you and I'm sure other people do have interest in this Bronson movie and I didn't mean to knock it. You are a brave guy to be a prison guard and have to deal with some of the most potentially violent and ruthless people ever and again I meant no disrespect toward you. Btw Bob, outside of Hard Times and the Death Wish films The Mechanic is probably my favorite Bronson film. A great detailed study of a hitman that takes on a young protege played by Jan Micheal Vincent(I wonder if he ever beat his alcoholism?) with a great twist ending!

Archived