Kage No Gundan ll

daisho2004

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daisho, like most I really enjoyed the first series, is the second as good or better? Also I have never purchased a Far East DVD is the quality normally okay. Is anyone else going to buy these, I am very tempted to buy one to get an idea of the series and DVD, but could not afford $15 each, I am hoping they will do some kind of deal. Any information would be very appreciated.

Daisho, like most I really enjoyed the first series, is the second as good or better? Also I have never purchased a Far East DVD is the quality normally okay. Is anyone else going to buy these, I am very tempted to buy one to get an idea of the series and DVD, but could not afford $15 each, I am hoping they will do some kind of deal. Any information would be very appreciated.

If you are happy with the Brentwood/BCI box set that came out for Season 1, then you will be happy with the Far East Flix discs. They are not tv recordings and come from a digital print. If anything, they will be the same if not better quality than Season 1. Venoms5 can weigh in more on that but I think i got the gist of it right:p

• Administrator

Yes, they look great!

And as far as the series' follow up seasons, I enjoyed all of them equally. :D

Since I haven't said this to anyone for over 15 minutes...

"Sonny Chiba rocks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Monkey King: I bought from him before never had a problem very good quality and I was gonna ask him about a special box set deal for the entire collection for season #2. I'll him him about it now and see what he says than I'll post it.

If anything, they will be the same if not better quality than Season 1.

They look better than the BCI set which itself, is fine, only it's a little dark when compared with the Japanese set.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, Daisho if you could post this it would be really appreciated. I also noticed they have some of the Yagyu conspiracy series. I gather from previous posts this is also very good. However, is this one going to get a release from another company? Any advice again would be really appreciated.

As soon as I hear from him I'll post whatever he tells me. As far as "Yagyu Conspiracy" series it was great! I'm not sure if I heard it was getting a legit release, but the problem with these series is that they stop right in the middle and we the fans are screwed. I'm hoping that this series gets a legit release also. So I'll keep u posted.

People never cease to amaze me. Why is there so much fuss over a box set? Yet people will pay $400.00 for washed out, censored and poorly subbed editions of these series elsewhere. Even if you paid $15 for the whole series it comes to $200.00. If you can't afford it all at once, just pick up what you can. Or just do what so many "fans" do and download it from a torrent if and when somebody decides to upload it. Some individuals don't know (or will never realize) the amount of time that goes into putting something like this together. If the Japanese box set (coming in November) would simply have English subs on it, there'd be no need for people to go through the trouble of producing a quality product, whether it's legit or not.

Venom: you know what I bought the Zatoichi TV series separate and it cost quite a bit then they released it as a box set and it was half the price that I paid, they did that with a few Japanese Samurai/Ninja movies boy I was pissed off. But true you can buy it in single installments but if I can get the box set at a good price then I'm all for it.

Venom: you know what I bought the Zatoichi TV series separate and it cost quite a bit then they released it as a box set and it was half the price that I paid, they did that with a few Japanese Samurai/Ninja movies boy I was pissed off. But true you can buy it in single installments but if I can get the box set at a good price then I'm all for it.

I think the point he's making is places like samuraidvd are charging double of what fareastflix are charging, yet people will buy Merlin's product in droves and without them being in box sets. From a big distro like Brentwood/MB they are more likely to do it in box sets(if not initially, eventually). But places like fareastflix and such will probably never do it due to a much smaller profit margin and expenses associated in getting that product out. Once again, there's no point in doing it in box sets when samuraidvd would sell it for double or other pirates will box it up on ebay and sell for much less.

• Administrator

I gotta agree with Venoms5 and Oldeschool17 on this.

A Japanese TV show... from the early 80's... starring Sonny Chiba... with excellent quality picture and subtitles?! We're lucky to EVER see this, let alone in this condition!

I'm very thankful to John that he puts this stuff out at the prices he does. Not everyone would pay the serious money out and go through the tremendous trouble he goes through to sub them properly. Do you think he makes his money back right away and then rolls in the bags of money on his fur rug on the top floor of his penthouse? I don't think so.

There aren't that many geeks like us buying this stuff, and I'm sure he often takes a loss in terms of not just cash, but all the time he puts into these films.

If you think it's too much, don't buy them.

On the other hand...

Media Blasters- You're ****ing us. That's just plain old bull**** you're pulling. Put the entire TV season of the show out as a boxed set and quit ****ing us. Please.

And as a paying customer, an interested fan (basically a person responsible for your company existing), it would be nice to be able to check a competently run website. It looks nice. Could it be functional and up-to-date too do you think? You could hire a 12 year old to do it. It wouldn't cost much. Please at least act like you care.

And as a paying customer, an interested fan (basically a person responsible for your company existing), it would be nice to be able to check a competently run website. It looks nice. Could it be functional and up-to-date too do you think? You could hire a 12 year old to do it. It wouldn't cost much. Please at least act like you care.

AMEN Brother!! They run their ebay store better than thier own website. The freaking new release/acquisitons announcements are at least a year old (maybe 2)!

OK as far as Merlin goes he did lower his prices a lot just sign up for his mailing list and you get a big discount off his movies. And without him and a few other Guys we really wouldn't have a lot of rare stuff. And John over at FarEastflix thanks to him as well. I also spoke to him about a box set so let's see what happens.

And I agree with you Guys these companies keep getting us all excited about rare Movies that they never finish putting out. Come on already enough of the BS finish the job and get an updated web site.

And John over at FarEastflix thanks to him as well.

Without John, there'd be no samuraiDVD. There'd be no Merlin. Who do you think has done most of his jobs? His "business" would be seriously crippled without John's professionalism in delivering a quality product for both sites. How do you think I saw KURO-OBI before it even went on sale for SamuraiDVD? You still pay $30 for a disc from Merl' and some people complain about $15 from FEF. You should be thanking John FIRST, not samuraiDVD.

And John wasn't even going to finish KAGE 2 because of crap like this about "Why don't you do a box set?" Do you know how many hours went into doing the subs for the show? There was a notion that people would be interested if the series was finished. But it seems the only interest is "when is it coming out in a box set?"

And now that it's there people still aint' satisfied. Having learned first hand knowledge of the sheer amount of work that goes into these things, it's a whole different world altogether and even more disheartening when people complain about the pricing after you've spent hours and hours putting it together.

Why don't you just skip over these and just buy the legit non English friendly Japanese box set when it streets in November? You got your box set and you got the great quality. Two out of three aint' bad.

Venom: Hold on now Buddy I don't want to get into a dispute over this, so let me explain my point of view. And for the record I didn't know John helped Merlin out. I don't ask about that, and I know its a long process & time consuming to Subtitle a movie.

Now as far as I was saying about a box set I figured it would be to John's advantage to sell it as a complete set rather than individual, since he has it already done I thought it would sell better for him and his profit margin would increase. But if I'm wrong then I'll just buy them as individuals. Either way I'm gonna pick up the entire season 2 from him.

ps: I never complain about pricing from Fansubbers, I'll support whoever puts out the stuff that I want to see.

XD:quiet:

I understand the two of you,.. it's funny because your disagreement is just a misunderstanding.

Daisho2004 is just saying ,.. he like to support John and thankful,.. however; like to save a few dollars. if i'm a seller venom5,.. i would like to encourage continued patronage. and if i can secure a 10 dvd sell vs. 1 at a time , why not take $10 or $15 off the group sell.

let's face it venom5,.. he's not just fan-subbing for the fun of it,.. it's something he may enjoy,.. but he's making money off of his joy. it may not be ALL about profit,.. but he is making something.

i to appreciate the hard diligence of a fan subber,.. but let's be real again,.. he is not sending money to the makers of the movie,.. nor the actors family for these movies ,.. he adding to a much invested project ,.. subs are very minor compared to the acting, producing and directing of the movie. John work is really only appreciated by english speaking folks like us ,.. too lazy to learn japanese.

saving money is a nature of life and business of a buyer. you can appriciate alllll day,.. but bottom line is "how low can you go?".

i would not take it personal venom5,.. and i truly understand you,.. you are thinking ,.. come on people stop complaining or John could get discouraged and stop. and i'm in 100% agreement! ,.. but some people are NEVER satisfied venom5. that's the chance he took when he started accepting money for something he enjoys doing.

that's why i shy away from selling anything as a business.

if John ever reads this,.. i really want him to know ,.. WE REALLY APPRICIATE HIM !! and THANKS MUCH !!

and if i knew of his site earlier ,.. i would had spent money i spent to others with him.

thanks venom5 for being passionate enough to enlighten us on some facts we would had never had possibly found out if you was not pleased with the convo here.

once again ,.. i agree with the two of you,.. respect the fan-subbers,.. try to give them business 1st. and also try to encourage them to workout some deals to encourage multi sales.

take care the two of you guys ,.. you both sound like you would have made fine Samurais ,..lol

DAJIZZARIZZA: As I've said before I'll support who ever subtitles movies that I want to see, and I've bought from John quite a few times already and never had any problems he's a good Guy.

let's face it venom5,.. he's not just fan-subbing for the fun of it,.. it's something he may enjoy,.. but he's making money off of his joy. it may not be ALL about profit,.. but he is making something.

i would not take it personal venom5,.. and i truly understand you,.. you are thinking ,.. come on people stop complaining or John could get discouraged and stop. and i'm in 100% agreement! ,.. but some people are NEVER satisfied venom5. that's the chance he took when he started accepting money for something he enjoys doing.

I tell you what, no need to explain anything. Anybody that's interested can read all about KAGE NO GUNDAN 2 here...

http://www.coolasscinema.com/

And you are right, people are NEVER satisfied--they so often want something for nothing. But, as I have said several times over, the LEGIT box set comes out in Japan on November 21st. People can buy that one and spend $400.00 for both sets together in their shiny little boxes but no English options. There are always alternatives.

For anyone interested, I finished the KAGE 2 episode guide. Each episode is covered in depth from start to finish with a review of each episode at the end. There are also plenty of pics, so if you don't want to read everything, there's something to look at. All episodes contain spoilers but the last two programs are especially powerful so if you haven't seen the series, you may want to skip those last two...

Episodes 1-4

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Kage%202%20eps.%201-4

Episodes 5-8

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Kage%202%20eps.%205-8

Episodes 9-12

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Kage%202%20eps.%209-12

Episodes 13-16

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Kage%202%20eps.%2013-16

Episodes 17-20

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Kage%202%20eps.%2017-20

Episodes 21-24

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Kage%202%20eps.%2021-24