Hansel and Gretel (2007)

daisho2004

This Movie sounds really good, has anyone seen it or heard anything about it?

SYNOPSIS / Editorial Review about - Hansel and Gretel :[DTS] ( 2 Discs Special Edition )

A reckless youngster Eun-soo drives to his mother`s, and has a car accident. When Eun-soo wakes up, he meets a mysterious girl and is led to her fairytale-like house in the middle of the forest. There, Eun-soo is trapped with the girl and her siblings who never age. Soon he learns all the adults who visited or stayed in the house have met mysterious yet terrible ends. More shockingly, their cruel deaths are drawn in details and made into a fairytale book by the children. Scared Eun-soo tries to find the way out, but the house is secluded in the forest with no way out. And then, Eun-soo discovers a book which tells a brutal end of none other than himself...

V17917K-D.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the trailer, and thought it looked really good. The imdb rating is only 4.3/10, but most of the reviews Ive read were positive. The consensus seem to be: decent story (although very familiar), very good performances by the actors (especially the kids), with exceptional production values and art direction (which is almost always the case in Korean films). Im looking forward to seeing it.

Hansel & Gretel Trailer

The consensus seem to be: decent story (although very familiar), very good performances by the actors (especially the kids), with exceptional production values and art direction (which is almost always the case in Korean films). Im looking forward to seeing it.

I watched this one last night and I enjoyed quite a bit. The reviews I alluded to in my previous post were accurate. Like alot of Korean films, its production values are outstanding and its visually pleasing. The actors in the film were excellent, especially the children. Movie has a few good scares, but overall its just very creepy/unsettling. But I thought the story was much better than some of the reviews I read. Deffinitley worth worth picking up IMO. The only DVD release I was able to find was the Malaysian disc I purchased on HKFlix.

Archived