Bonzai Media Corporation --hmm...

ministry88

So I just received "The Magnificent Butcher" DVD from the amazon.com used merchandise marketplace. Sigh. I KNEW this would happen:mad:! I wanted the version pictured below and like a fool didn't double-check with the seller that that was the version they had! Oh well.

What I AM stuck with is the DVD release from "Bonzai Media Corporation." Until now I hadn't heard of them before. I did a search in the forums and it seems like they are a Taiwan budget/bootleg label.

**My question: Has anyone seen this DVD? I haven't seen MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER and don't know what to look for as far as if it's uncut and has the original Canto mono track. I'm just hoping this company lifted the old Media Asia print from the DVD I wanted in the first place! If not, I guess I'll just wrangle with the seller for a return...

21W6YK2EZPL._SL500_AA140_.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cover wise, it looks like an exact duplicate of the Mega Star dvd I owned before I picked up the Fox version. If it is a duplicate then the run time should be 108min and it should have the original canto-track.

Sorry for the confusion Bravery. The cover pic I included was the Mega STar release I WANTED to receive. What I got looks very different. But at least this DVD does list a running time of 108 minutes, but I'll have to double-check the running time myself.

So I just received "The Magnificent Butcher" DVD from the amazon.com used merchandise marketplace. Sigh. I KNEW this would happen:mad:! I wanted the version pictured below and like a fool didn't double-check with the seller that that was the version they had! Oh well.

What I AM stuck with is the DVD release from "Bonzai Media Corporation." Until now I hadn't heard of them before. I did a search in the forums and it seems like they are a Taiwan budget/bootleg label.

**My question: Has anyone seen this DVD? I haven't seen MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER and don't know what to look for as far as if it's uncut and has the original Canto mono track. I'm just hoping this company lifted the old Media Asia print from the DVD I wanted in the first place! If not, I guess I'll just wrangle with the seller for a return...

21W6YK2EZPL._SL500_AA140_.jpg

Surely if the Amazon page you purchased the DVD pictured the version you want and had information on the page referring to that DVD. Why can't you complain to the seller saying that is not what I ordered. If that doesn't yield results try contacting Amazon. That is what I would do if the DVD was different from what I expected.

Archived