OUATIC II DVD Question

lousy

The copy of OUATIC II that I used to have on VHS began with clips from the final fight scene of OUATIC I between Jet Li and Yen Shi Kwan. Was this version of the movie ever released on DVD? I have a DVD version by a company called WA and the US release by Columbia Tri Star, but neither of these have that final fight scene at the beginning.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I have those versions you have, plus the Hong Kong Legends version too. I'll check that one and let you know. I don't think I've ever seen part 2 start with Part 1's final fight footage though. At least, not that I remember.

The Taiwanese version opened with pretty much the majority of the Jet vs Yen Shi-kwan fight, Taiwanese versions are often slightly different, Island of Fire and Hardboiled were somewhat longer....while School on Fire was only 40 minutes long due to censorship issues and it still made money

Thanks for the info guys. Do you happen to know of anywhere that sells the Taiwanese version? Unless Kung Fu Bob's HKL version has it. I'd love to pick up a copy. It made an already good movie even better.

Archived