What are we LISTENING to lately?

ministry88

Have you heard the original version of SDS or the remix/remaster (I think the remaster is only available via download or in the "Into the Pit" boxset)? There's a remaster of War of Words too, but I think the original sounds better, whereas with SDS, the original and the remaster both sound good.

Fight did the Priest songs they played justice as well, always liked this one (sounds better on cd than on youtube):

_EIoK0WPccI

I listen to a lot of Priest too, saw them in 2008. Still one of the best bands I've seen live.

Im not sure what version I heard of SDS, I liked WoW. Im pretty ashamed to say I havent been to a concert in over a decade!:tinysmile_angry2_t: lol, and I went to see Alan Jackson!!:tongue:

WS6-vI70oc0

Im not sure what version I heard of SDS, I liked WoW. Im pretty ashamed to say I havent been to a concert in over a decade!:tinysmile_angry2_t: lol, and I went to see Alan Jackson!!:tongue:

WS6-vI70oc0

Painkiller still sends chills down my spine.

I've been listening to a lot of Gama Bomb lately.

dKlF9pkwSww

Nice, Gama Bomb!

Been listening to Cutthroat lately, fun Japanese thrash band. Mostly does covers and obscure 7" records (which makes things harder to track down years later).

s6UxzEqbHyk

I've recently started listening to Sylosis again. They're quite easily the best British metal band of today. This is from their first full length album - Conclusion of an Age. The vocalist has since left and lead guitarist, Josh Middleton has taken over while still shreddin' those leads!

3:46 - 4:58 is particularly sexy.

DKQYQ9sNWiE

I am delving back into classic heavy metal and leading the charge is German band Accept...who are still around...the core guitarist and bassist are still there with an American lead singer, a new drummer, and a returning guitar player.

B_3TlrZLpQ0

But I'm checking out bands like Manowar, Iced Earth, Armored Saint to name a few as well as medieval metal bands like Leaves' Eyes and Midnattsol.

Secret Executioner

Bands I've been listening to the most lately:

Helloween

King Crimson

Within Temptation

Also, a lot of AC/DC (never gets old).

masterofoneinchpunch

Been listening to a bit of Skinny Puppy. Really like listening to them late at night while driving exhausted (same with Dax Riggs).

2Yvqsawey0M

Been listening to a bit of Skinny Puppy. Really like listening to them late at night while driving exhausted (same with Dax Riggs).

2Yvqsawey0M

guess having the shit scared outta me would keep me awake too:wink: ..

masterofoneinchpunch
guess having the shit scared outta me would keep me awake too:wink: ..

I like several industrial bands and I know Skinny Puppy has been influential to Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson and I believe Ministry (besides the LSD). Relistening to Skinny Puppy after several years I can hear much more of a Kraftwerk (can't believe how many bands this group influenced) sound than before (because I have heard much more Kraftwerk since then).

Speaking of Dax Riggs, any fans of Acid Bath?

• Administrator

Started out the day with some live CREAM.

Now I'm listening to Electric Psychedelic Sitar Headswirlers Volumes 1-5, which was a Valentine's Day gift from my awesome wife. :bigsmile:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Started out the day with some live CREAM.

Now I'm listening to Electric Psychedelic Sitar Headswirlers Volumes 1-5, which was a Valentine's Day gift from my awesome wife. :bigsmile:

That's an awesome gift, let me know how it goes.. I'm on my 2nd box set of the Nuggets vol.2 bro.

Secret Executioner

Been listening to a lot of metal lately:

Marilyn Manson

better than I remember, I really like the albums Portrait Of An American Family (1994), Mechanical Animals (1998) and Holy Wood (2000).

Nightwish

their late 1990s/early 2000s output is fantastic, I especially like the album Wishmaster from 2000.

Within Temptation

the Black Symphony DVD (2008) is a real treat, this 2-hour concert is freakin' amazing.

But I also listened to some other stuff such as:

Alice Cooper - Special Forces (1981) (clearly not the best by the Coop', but still a fun album)

Genesis - Nursery Cryme (1971)

Genesis - Calling All Stations (1997) (took me some time to get into it, not a very easy Genesis album)

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time (1986) (a great record, possibly my favorite Maiden album)

Frank Zappa - Them Or Us (1984) (not on par with most of the 1966-1974 material, but still enjoyable and hey, Zappa was a musical genius)

When the Kite String Pops at one time to me was the best album ever made. To bad their bassist died they had some potential.Dax is an amazing singer but seems kinda like a doosh.I personally enjoy more of Sammy Duets musical output since Acid Bath like his time in Crowbar and now Goatwhore,but oh well different strokes for different folks

Speaking of Dax Riggs, any fans of Acid Bath?

Yeah. I am.

When the Kite String Pops at one time to me was the best album ever made. To bad their bassist died they had some potential.Dax is an amazing singer but seems kinda like a doosh.I personally enjoy more of Sammy Duets musical output since Acid Bath like his time in Crowbar and now Goatwhore,but oh well different strokes for different folks

I agree. Shrum (Audie's project) was good stuff too. I met Sammy (again) last year at an instore and gig Goatwhore did here. Didn't ask him too much about AB, but he and James Harvey both said the new Ritual Killer (Sammy and James' black metal band with the earlier Goatwhore drummer) is done, they just haven't put it out yet.

Mike Sanchez joined some band a few years back, that created a bit of interest. I don't remember if they recorded with him though.

I have not heard Ritual Killer have to check them if i can ever stop listening to Dillinger Escape plan. Was not into them for the longest time but the past several months its been them and a always a steady diet of brutal death metal but more Dillinger still