What are we LISTENING to lately?

ministry88

So who's down for the return of one Slim Shady... please stand up!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

PandaPawPaw
On 5/31/2024 at 11:10 PM, laagi said:

I'm not into Eminem but that's pretty good!

Also he needs to lay off the -

h3-h3podcast.gif

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
On 5/31/2024 at 6:10 PM, laagi said:

Despite being a die hard hip hop fan, I haven't listened to Eminem in a while. I kind of just grew out of him. However, I did check out this track and now I know why I grew out of him. This song is awful. Horrific beat, same old childish lyrics and a cringe worthy music video...

I don't know why Eminem decided to return to this style. It felt dated a decade ago. It's a shame really since he is a rhyme technician. I don't think there another emcee that can touch his level of wordsmithness (not a word, I'm sure). But oof...this is dire.

6 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Despite being a die hard hip hop fan, I haven't listened to Eminem in a while. I kind of just grew out of him. However, I did check out this track and now I know why I grew out of him. This song is awful. Horrific beat, same old childish lyrics and a cringe worthy music video...

And that's why I love the guy! He's just one big troll when he's in "slim shady mode". Curious to see how the album turns out.

Yihetuan

Recently rewatched Herman Yau's From the Queen to the Chief Executive

Super Ninja
On 6/5/2024 at 2:19 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

Tune! Love me some Miyavi!

Didn't listen Miyavi much, but this one I love!

• Love 1

Agent U

Still recall discovering Ben Howard a few years back through a YT ad:

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

OK so I'm not actually listening to this but I didn't want to create a new thread so I'm putting this here.

I couldn't help but listen to it for some reason.............................................

:P

Drunken Monk
On 7/17/2024 at 2:51 PM, Agent U said:

Still recall discovering Ben Howard a few years back through a YT ad:

This song is AWESOME. Thanks for posting it; I've added it to my Spotify.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

OK so I'm not actually listening to this but I didn't want to create a new thread so I'm putting this here.

I couldn't help but listen to it for some reason.............................................

:P

Bro this is an absolute banger but I heard if you backward mask it the song recites from the Bhagavad Ghita.

https://www.kungfufandom.com/topic/5776-what-are-we-listening-to-lately/?do=findComment&comment=361708&_rid=7615

• Haha 1

Yihetuan

Listening to NEVER by Mie. This song was made popular because it's the the theme song for CALL ME A BAD GIRL aka Furyou Shoujo to Yobarete. The seminal 1984 drama based on the autobiography of Shoko Hara and her harsh upbringing, abusive mother, experience at a juvenile correction facility and eventual redemption. This laid the groundwork for the sukeban and female delinquent dramas that followed like Janus no Kagami, Professional Golfer Reiko (a delinquent who uses a golf club to fight off her enemies!), etc. 

Yihetuan

I saw her fight in a celebrity boxing match back in the day. I heard she was a black belt in martial arts from a young age and she put it to good use when she was hired as an extra for David Cassidy's new MV. He apparently was harassing her the whole shoot and even pressed his boner up against her in the bathroom and she kneed him right in the jewels and he never bothered her after that. :evilgrin

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In addition to being a really fun game, Forza Horizon 4 also has a great soundtrack that truly nails the atmosphere.

Edited by Agent U
  • Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw
On 8/12/2024 at 4:05 PM, Agent U said:

In addition to being a really fun game, Forza Horizon 4 also has a great soundtrack that truly nails the atmosphere.

Also I'd add:

PG4 had a decent soundtrack too.

Awesome opening by The Prodigy:

Some Disturbed!

RUBY! RUBY!

• Like 1