What are we LISTENING to lately?

ministry88

Drunken Monk
32 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

The lead singer is indie actress Natalie Denise Sperl. She appeared in films like Around the World in 80 Days (the one with Jackie Chan and Steve Coogan) and this year, has 2 films from director Joe Cornet, Gunfight at Rio Bravo and Night of the Caregiver.

I hope her acting is better than her song writing.

This song came out 5 yrs before I was born but I always play this when summer rolls around. I always thought Keren Woodward was drop dead gorgeous back then & my favorite banana. That guy from WHAM! was a lucky bastard!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

This song came out 5 yrs before I was born but I always play this when summer rolls around. I always thought Keren Woodward was drop dead gorgeous back then & my favorite banana. That guy from WHAM! was a lucky bastard!

Got the extended version on my playlist. Great tune!

That guy from wham? Ah you mean the one who pretended to play a guitar while George did all the work.

:P

• Haha 1

Love these three songs from the Friday the 13th franchise. The disco-like theme for F13 III was actually a collaboration between Harry Manfredini and Michael Zager ("Let's All Chant") under the pseudonym "Hot Ice". 

I remember I was around 9 or 10 when I would follow my older brother and my cousin to the skating rink on Friday nights and watch them try to pull girls. They always played Rockell too during the couple skate.

• Like 1

The song at the end of SoulCalibur V is so beautiful:

Interestingly, the words are not an actual language, but completely made up.

The singer, Jillian Aversa, has said she found that challenging, but at the same time easier to just convey the emotions through her voice.

• Like 1

A local L.A.-based duo, Lovers and Poets, did a duet with actor/podcaster/filmmaker Julia Marchese on a cover version of Wang Chung's To Live and Die in L.A. Julia has mentioned that the film is one of her all-time favorite films. She is known for her work in the horror genre and did a great documentary called Out of Print

T

Edited by AlbertV

Going to be hypocritical as I just mentioned how much I hate radio in the annoying music thread but it got even worse for me. 

I had a local station thats basically decided what I listen to for years. First it was indie rock/pop music, then it switched to classic country, then it switched to 50s-80s charting songs and I thoroughly enjoyed all three of those incarnations, but has finally reached a (hopefully momentarily) end to me as switching to christian talk radio 😑...   Come on.

• Sad 1

Rest in peace, Mitch Mitchell, you've been gone a decade & a half as of yesterday.

One of the 12st great rock drummers, but you were much more than that. Jimi was so lucky to have you add tough of funk and groove. :cool

• Like 1