What are we LISTENING to lately?

ministry88

Since I recently bought the blu ray to the best Taiwanese gangster movie, Dust of Angels it is obligatory I listen to Lim Giong & Hou Hsiao-hsien's duet of A Place of Silence.

• Like 1

The other day, I was zapping and stumbled upon a Michelle Branch video. I believe it was either on VH1 or one of those MTV channels focused on specific decade.

I hadn't thought about Michelle in probably over a decade, but remember being 8 or 9 and seeing her on TV all the time. I even recall some silly vote when the audience would decide which outfit she'd take to an MTV Awards show :thinking

Her music was quite alright in the pop genre, and she's really pretty and stylish as well. I quite like her collaborations with Carlos Santana.

Strangely she seems to have fallen off the radar altogether. And unlike with other pop stars from about the same time (like Anastacia), I don't remember anyone ever wondering what had happened to Michelle or even noting she had vanished.

Well, here's a bit of Michelle's work, which was a treat to rediscover:

• Like 1

Love this Dutch band...so versatile with their styles of music....going from prog rock to disco rock to pop rock in their last years. 

• Like 1

Been into some new underground rap stuff like Hus Kingpin, RJ Payne, and SmooVth (he's too underrated).

In addition, I'm continuing my K-pop addiction adding more songs from each of Mamamoo's individuals (and of the group, of course), and Jessi. There's some other artists, old and new (Punch, Seori), that catches my attention so I'm going to look into those as well.

Drunken Monk

Speaker Bullies' entire album is fantastic. I highly recommend it to the hip hop heads. Skip to 1:29 to bypass the corny intro skit... 

7 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I love Faky. They should be way more popular than they are damn it!

Same with FEM

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

Hip hop heads should enjoy this one. Souls of Mischief spitting various verses over their 93 'Til Infinity beat... 

The lead singer is indie actress Natalie Denise Sperl. She appeared in films like Around the World in 80 Days (the one with Jackie Chan and Steve Coogan) and this year, has 2 films from director Joe Cornet, Gunfight at Rio Bravo and Night of the Caregiver.