What are we LISTENING to lately?

ministry88

Im a huge Doors fan and had no idea there was an hour long blues jam track called Rock is Dead. You can find it on spotify along with a few other outtakes. 

Kind of just a long shitpost blues jam, very LA Woman esque, which I really enjoyed. Threw this on for the entirety of a workout a couple days ago. If your not a big doors fan (I seem to hear of more dislike than Id imagine these days) this may be torment, but if you love the LA Woman album then this may be a killer discovery. The Doors were masters of the extended or epic song, seemed there was more that never even came into fruition, and how I didnt even know this was a recorded session/song is beyond me.

• Like 3

Mozart, had a few long telemarketer calls I had to make and got put on hold for like 20 minutes with classical music playing 😬 😂
Think it was mozart at least lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Me and the gf headed down to Bolsa chica state beach to watch the sunset and put on this song - wanted a retro 80s feel, synthwave song to just chill too.

• Like 2

I have this idea of bands/singers who are more of crooners and tend to enjoy these artists more often than higher pitched singers. 

Spent the winter season at my last job, few years ago by now, listening to every album by Nick Cave/Bad Seeds/Birthday Party/Grinderman, Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart, Dr. John, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Cure, U2, Billy Idol/Generation X, Type O Negative, Fall Out Boy, Misfits, Moody Blues, etc.  As well as more nasal singers Van Morrison and Bob Dylan. 

Id like to say about the last mention, Moody Blues ‘big 7 albums period’ get consistently progressively worse each release, each next one being slightly worse than the one before it for the most part very much like the 4 Matrix movies lol.

Lately been listening to more bluesy ‘crooner‘ rock. Ten Years After, Taste, some lesser known bands like Irish Coffee, Toad, Fraction, etc.

Spent most of this previous year listening to Morgan Wallen’s dangerous album almost exclusively. And 90s county radio, but all thats more appealing in the warmer months, Im over it currently in the winter.

My spotify keeps crashing on my phone which is driving me crazy as I cant even use it in my car now, and radio music sounds soo bad and overplayed to me at the moment.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I've been bumping the Nas and the latest Skyzoo album as of late. I've missed a lot of recent hip hop so I'm trying to catch up on the good stuff.

• Like 3

I can't get this catchy tune out of my head. I'm surprised this artist is not multi-platinum around the world. What profound deep lyrics and excellent musical production value.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Yihetuan Hell yea! This is a great one. Also really enjoy I Love You Dear, but that one doesnt touch on the epic nature and elements that make the notorious Its My Life so great. 

“I am a really good... bad boy”

• Like 4

This is the best acoustic cover of Zombie that I've ever come across and it's due to the sheer joy that blind guitarist, Thanh Điền brings to the song.

"God took my eyes, and gave me much better ears to hear. I can hear much clearer than normal people. But at the beginning, it was also very arduous, my hands were hurt, and the guitar sound was not good. I was extremely frustrated, sometimes I wanted to give up. But then I had nothing, only the guitar as a companion. So finally I picked up the guitar again."

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
On 2/1/2022 at 10:38 PM, Yihetuan said:

This is the best acoustic cover of Zombie that I've ever come across and it's due to the sheer joy that blind guitarist, Thanh Điền brings to the song.

"God took my eyes, and gave me much better ears to hear. I can hear much clearer than normal people. But at the beginning, it was also very arduous, my hands were hurt, and the guitar sound was not good. I was extremely frustrated, sometimes I wanted to give up. But then I had nothing, only the guitar as a companion. So finally I picked up the guitar again."

Goddamn, this was impressive. Not so much her (she doesn't quite have the pipes) but his guitar playing is inhuman. At times it literally sounds like there are three guitars playing at once.

• Like 2

The Hu (Mongolian folk metal band) - Black Thunder Pts 1 and 2 music videos on Youtube - Mongols in combat against the Qing - from The Hu new album, Rumble of Thunder, released on 2 September 2022.  The Hu band is now on tour in the U.S. and then on to Europe. 

• Like 1

I'm on a Ritchie Blackmore thing right now. Who knows how long it's gonna last, but the guy was a genius in his day.

The solo in Stargazer just can't be over taken on my top 10 list, and I've been trying for a while. Weird dude, but he certainly put the work in!

(solo starts @ 3:21, ends @ 5:10)

• Like 2