Arhats in Fury

Guest DragonMa55

Guest DragonMa55

I watched this today, someone sent me a load of kung-fu films, this is one of them.

It was pretty damn good, it was interesting seeing Shaolin Monks portrayed the way they are here, usually they're presented as quite benevolent but here they deal with monks who break their rules quite fiercely.

Seeing that soldier get kicked through a wall was awesome, the finale was great, first time I've seen someone get crushed between two small trees. Some excellent fight choreography.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Agreed, good film. I went through my VHS collection before I dropped it all (about 450 ocean Shores, Golden Harvest, etc.) at Mystery Train Records and this was one of the films I decided I must have in my DVD collection. Got it and it looks decent. I'm happy I did. The film held up well.

Guest peringaten

This one would probably be near the top of my favourites list if it weren't for all the frame-cutting. Some of the worst I've seen. Just couldn't see well enough past it. Shame, since the sum of parts besides, including the definitely needlessly frame cut action, is all so superb. Just pointless splicing, they were definitely moving smooth and fast enough already.

Love that shot of the monkeys taking over the temple - incredible shots.

Guest morgoth

Yeah the frame cutting is pretty noticeable but the movements are awesome. I love the stuff with the animals in this movie. That was a crazy sight seeing all those monkeys in the temple.

Guest DragonMa55

That's another reason why I was so impressed by this film, it didn't feel cheap, it felt like there was an actual vision to it, compared to most kung-fu flicks where they only film one or two locations and it's mostly shot in the surrounding countryside.

There were some pretty spectacular shots in this film.

Archived