Any screenings of Fist of Legend before the upcoming DVD?

wackiechan

I think that L.A.'s Beverly Cinema Theatre showed "Fist of Legend" about a month ago, but I missed the chance to see it. So do you know if there will be more screenings of "FoL" in the near future, just because of the upcoming DVD?

If you want some theatre showings of "FoL" because the DVD might be coming soon, then are any of you planning to send e-mail to DD to ask about it?

In case you wanted to know, when the Beverly Cinema showed "FoL", it was part of a "Fist" triple feature which started w/ Bruce Lee's "Fist of Fury(Cantonese w/ subt.)" and then "Fist of Fury 2(Bruce Li)". It might be true that all three kung fu movies in this triple feature were part of Quentin Tarantino's personal collection.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doug maverick

it cost waaay to much money to put a film in the theaters that everyone who's gonna buy it on dvd has probably seen it already. so don't hold your breath

doug maverick: I was always curious about what you said why does it cost to much money to play a movie in the Theaters if it is coming out on DVD soon or if the movie has been out on DVD for a long time. There are a Ton of Movies that I would love to see on the Big Screen Again and some for the 1st. time.

I suggested to Bey Logan that it would be great if Dragon Dynasty could show a movie in at least a major city to time with the release and he says it costs too much.

I am assuming that they would want a remastered print so people don't think the old one is the one they used for the DVD. This would mean paying for a new one.

Dragon Dynasty had Hard Boiled at one of the film festivals last year so I thought how hard could it be to just use an existing print and show it. There is a lot more to it than that.

It would be a great good will gesture on Dragon Dynasty's part, though.

Guest WuxiaFan
doug maverick: I was always curious about what you said why does it cost to much money to play a movie in the Theaters if it is coming out on DVD soon or if the movie has been out on DVD for a long time. There are a Ton of Movies that I would love to see on the Big Screen Again and some for the 1st. time.

Agree with daisho2004. We have an art theater here in Madison and all summer they have been running a Classic Film series. Back in July, they showed ENTER THE DRAGON. I have it on DVD and I have seen it hundreds of times, but I paid to see it on the big screen twice. It was unbelievable. This week, they're showing GOLDFINGER.

doug maverick

the reason why it cost so much is your gonna spend at least 25-40 million for promotion even for a limited release. its easy to do a screening at festival because the festival handles the some of the promotion. you gotta factor in alot of thing when releasing a film theatrically. thats why you have movies like chaos that had ryan phillipe, wesley snipes and jason statham go straight to dvd. another thing is jet li movies don't make alot of money at the box office, forbidden kingdom is his highest grossing film in the states to date before that it was romeo must die.

I saw it in 1995 at Cinema Village in New York City. Sound effects were off- that kind of ruined it for me, but it was cool meeting Ric Meyers- this was when Ric was not a big fan of the movie and neither was I, but it was a good flick. Now he's picking the Billy Chow vs. Jet fight in his all time top 10. Well, maybe. Hey, it was either Fist of Legend, Bride with White Hair 2, or New Legend of Shaolin for kung fu at the festival.

Now watching Hard Boiled on the big screen and meeting Chow Yun Fat, that was insane!

5 Element Boxer

Does this new DVD release mean that we will finally be able to watch Fist Of Legend in it's original language version? That's what I've been waiting for all these years. The English dubb is still pretty good, though.

EDIT: I just peeped the HKFlix page. Can't wait!! :D

Archived