Good Ninja Movies???

smullen

Good Ninja Movies???

In my quest to find the early shaw Bros "Shaolin Temple" I also landed a movie called

Five Element Ninjas and I thought it was pretty good... (directed by the same guy as Shaolin Temple)

So does anyone have a list of Ninja Movie titles that I should check out???

I love the fight scenese and the different weapons they use...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

NINJA IN THE DRAGON'S DEN

NINJA IN THE DEADLY TRAP

DUEL TO THE DEATH

HEROES OF THE EAST (has ninja elements)

Many more.... im sure someone else will chime in...

• Administrator

The ones that TebetanWhiteCrane listed are all really good.

I second all of them.

Plus:

SHINOBI NO MONO film series- a B&W Japanese series that's really well done and features more realistic ninjitsu techniques.

KAGE NO GUNDAN (Shadow Warriors) TV series- Sonny Chiba stars in this excellent ninja series about the exploits of Hattori Hanzo.

REVENGE OF THE NINJA- It's a bit cheezy-a US 1980's ninja flick, but has some cool hand-to-hand and weapons stuff by Sho Kosugi.

LONE WOLF AND CUB film series- Lots of enemy ninjas attack throughout the entire series.

Hope that helps. :)

Well depends what you consider good.. Most ninja movies are do have that cheeze factor. But to me that is what makes them fun and good. Check out some favorites of mine:

Basilisk (Anime)

Enter the Ninja

Heroes of the East (has some ninja action in the movie.. by Yasuaki Kurata)

Kunoichi Lady Ninja

Lethal Ninja

Ninja III: The Domination

Nine Deaths of the Ninja

Ninja: Final Duel

Ninja Hunter

Ninja Scroll (Anime)

Ninja Wars

Nin x Nin

Pray For Death

Revenge of the Ninja

Secret Life of Ninja (Yasuaki Kurata is badass in this one!)

Shinobi: Heart Under Blade

Wrath of the Ninja (Anime)

I'm sure I am missing some other good one, but this should keep you good for awhile.

Enjoy!

Also ** check out the following boxsets for some ninja action at an affordable price :) **

Ninja Six - 6-DVD Box Set

- Ninja Hunter

- Ninja in the Deadly Trap

- Ninja in the USA

- Ninja vs. Bruce Lee

Ninja Collection (Rarescope)

- Bionic Ninja

- Death Code: Ninja

- Ninja: American Warrior

- Ninja in the Killing Fields

Shinobi - Complete Collection

- Shinobi, Vol. 1 - The Law of Shinobi

- Shinobi, Vol. 2 - Runaway

- Shinobi, Vol. 3 - Hidden Techniques

- Shinobi, Vol. 4 - A Way Out

Actually Mark I ment to put that on my list. Got sidetracked making the list. But I actually think the first one is damn good. And yeah don't go beyond the first one hehe. Or else you may find a foul taste in your mouth after watching them.

Don't forget YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967), the fifth James Bond film and the one that introduced ninjas to audiences in the west. (It wasn't the first ninja movie to be released in the west, but it was the first to be widely shown.)

One more anime title:

DAGGER OF KAMUI (1985) - epic ninja tale and a key influence on NINJA SCROLL.

TibetanWhiteCrane
Don't forget YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967), the fifth James Bond film and the one that introduced ninjas to audiences in the west. (It wasn't the first ninja movie to be released in the west, but it was the first to be widely shown.)

Although I wouldn't exactly consider this a ninja movie, it is def my favourite Bond... what other movie has Ninja's, Spaceships and Piranha's all in one:)

Did someone mention NINJA WARS and SHOGUN'S NINJA? Or SHADOW HUNTERS I and II...!

Can't believe I forgot Shadow Hunters, excellent ninja themed chambara. The first is better than the second, but both are worth while. Also in the same vein, Demon Spies.

Shogun's Shadow is not specifically a ninja movie but it does have some decent ninja action

9 Deaths of the Ninja is another great piece of 80s uber-cheese with Sho Kosugi. The movie is actually so rediculous it would fit in well with the Mondo Macabro catalog

I can't believe everybody forgot these two classics!

The Super Ninja - One of my favorite Alexander Lou movies.

The Hunted - Anybody who loves Ninjas needs to see this. One of the best Ninja movies ever.

Also a bit newer but still very good are

Azumi 1 & 2

Red Shadow

Oh yeah I totally forgot one myself!

Lethal Ninja - I enjoyed this one. Good story and filled with crazy ninja hijinks that harkens back to the old days even though it's a newer movie.

TibetanWhiteCrane

9 Deaths of the Ninja is another great piece of 80s uber-cheese with Sho Kosugi. The movie is actually so rediculous it would fit in well with the Mondo Macabro catalog

That is about the worst movie EVER MADE....! I love Cheesy flicks, I love the 80's, Ninjas and B-movies... but this movie is so bad, it makes me angry! I've tried watching it three times, and couldn't finish it!

I got a really good dvd version from a friend, and I threw it in the trash... First time i've ever done that with a movie!

It is just so mindboggling BAD! I hope whoever greenlit this piece of rectal residue, is sitting under a freeway somewhere, eating warm garbage with a shard of glass..... FUCK it is BAD!!!! makes me angry just thinking about its overall badness!

A LIFE OF NINJA- An interesting movie. A "modern" ninja tale, Chen Kuan Tai is a Kendo teacher/ninja who is asked by the police to help them solve some killings that seem ninja-related. Yasaki Kurata is the leader of a band of ninja who's responisble for the killings. Cool locales, frontal nudity, brutal deaths, and of course ninja tricks. The final fight between Chen Kuan Tai and Yasaki Kurata is great stuff.

Shinobi - Complete Collection

- Shinobi, Vol. 1 - The Law of Shinobi

- Shinobi, Vol. 2 - Runaway

- Shinobi, Vol. 3 - Hidden Techniques

- Shinobi, Vol. 4 - A Way Out

You are the only person ive seen that has recommended this series. I couldn't get over how bad the main guy's costume was. It looked like a jogging suit+turtleneck with a reflective stripe.

shinobipv9.jpg

You are the only person ive seen that has recommended this series. I couldn't get over how bad the main guy's costume was. It looked like a jogging suit+turtleneck with a reflective stripe.

shinobipv9.jpg

Its actually not a bad cheesy series, (Far from perfect) but fun. Curious though, you actually have never seen the series? And your letting his outfit be the deciding factor in watching it? BTW if you noticed, I said this when recommending :)

Also ** check out the following boxsets for some ninja action at an affordable price

Its actually not a bad cheesy series, (Far from perfect) but fun. Curious though, you actually have never seen the series? And your letting his outfit be the deciding factor in watching it? BTW if you noticed, I said this when recommending :)

Also ** check out the following boxsets for some ninja action at an affordable price

Saw part of Vol 1. Heard the rest of the volumes were worse. Didn't do it for me to sit through the whole thing. Might try to finish vol1 again if i have time. I take it you bought the white box set you can find at best buy?

Saw part of Vol 1. Heard the rest of the volumes were worse. Didn't do it for me to sit through the whole thing. Might try to finish vol1 again if i have time. I take it you bought the white box set you can find at best buy?

I bought the first 3 volumes when they came out at my Best Buy (they were really cheap) and never could find the 4th volume. So I bought the white boxset later on off ebay for like 5 bucks. I am a sad case huh. It's all good that the series didn't click for you Oldschool, we all have our pile of shame dvd's that for some strange reason like and watch. These happen to be some of mine. :D

I'm thinking of The Octagon, my favorite Chuck Norris movie (which isn't really saying much considering how unspectacular Chuck's movies tended to be... but I kind of grew up with them, Chuck's a sentimental favorite). I think it was actually the first place I saw or heard anything about ninja. Enter the Ninja from the same time period (came out, I think, a year after The Octagon) was more fun in a cheesey way, but the martial arts sequences, sets, costumes, & storyline were better IMO in Chuck's movie.

Archived