Carl Scott

Guest WalkOn

I always felt he was underrated and under used. I wish he made more films especially with Billy Chong, enjoyed their chemistry. Carl Scott had great ma skills to hang with the best of them. Wish he had the chance to go against some of the other classic villians of the genre. He really stood out in Kung Fu Executioner and A Hard Way to Die.

Did he appear in any other films besides the 2 mentioned, Soul Brothers of Kung and Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth?

He went on to continue studying ma under Steve Muhammad (formerly Sanders) and founded the Five Level Method in Los Angeles, CA under the recently defunct BKF. He appeared in Kenpo book but that's the last I've heard/seen of him recently. He shys away from interviews also. Anyone seen or heard of him in the past decade or so? Please share.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest THESHAWMAN

I'd love to know what happened to Carl, i really enjoyed watching him alongside billy chong. how many movies did he make.?.....

anyone know what he's doin now.?

Last I heard he was running a school in LA. I called it a few years ago and the answering machine states the name of his school so I'm assuming it's a good chance he still may be there. Last pictures of him demonstrating Kenpo techniques shows he's put on a few pounds, but is still very agile and skilled.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I would like to know what he's doing now as well. He sure was great in those Eternal Films with Billy. Seems I remember Linn mentioning on the Rarekungfumovies site that Carl had put on quite a bit of weight and you could hardly recognize him now.

That's true, at least judging by the photos of him in the BKF Kenpo book in 2002, but he still looks like he can put it on someone! He should be in his mid forties now, still with the boyish face. He definitely left his mark in KF cinema.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I had read years ago that same thing in a martial arts magazine about him running a camera shop, I believe it was in LA if I recall correctly.

Archived