Bloodmoon (Gary Daniels)

GwaiLoMoFo

Still, 'Fist of the North Star', 'City Hunter', and now 'Bloodmoon' remain the only movies that I've seen of his....is there anything else he's done which comes close to the quality of the fights in 'Bloodmoon'?

I have a soft spot for Fist of the North Star. It's enjoyable in a campy sort of way. I think the end fight was a downer. I was expecting more.

Unfortunately, Daniels' earlier films aren't on a par with Bloodmoon. But he's got some really good B action movies. I did mini-reviews of Rage and Recoil. And I'd recommend Cold Harvest. It's an apocalyptic Western kind of feel and the end fight is against Bryan Genesse. Oh, and White Tiger. He has a pretty good fight with Ron Yuan in that one.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
OAB & SD, I'll try and pick it up sometime soon! Is it still in print?

Depending on if you want a new or used copy it might actually work out cheaper to order it from amazon.com, which is what I did.....even when you factor in the $12.29 international shipping cost for ordering from marketplace, some of the deals still work out cheaper than ordering from amazon.co.uk.

Here's a link - http://www.amazon.com/Bloodmoon-Gary-Daniels/dp/B000034DDT/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1348967525&sr=1-1&keywords=bloodmoon

The same version is also on amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodmoon-DVD-NTSC-Gary-Daniels/dp/B000034DDT/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1348968338&sr=1-3

ShaOW!linDude posted a link to what appears to be the Korean DVD of the movie, not sure if it's a bootleg as I've never heard of the company 'MadMad' before, but just to make you aware if you take the chance on that one.

Depending on if you want a new or used copy it might actually work out cheaper to order it from amazon.com, which is what I did.....even when you factor in the $12.29 international shipping cost for ordering from marketplace, some of the deals still work out cheaper than ordering from amazon.co.uk.

Here's a link - http://www.amazon.com/Bloodmoon-Gary-Daniels/dp/B000034DDT/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1348967525&sr=1-1&keywords=bloodmoon

The same version is also on amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodmoon-DVD-NTSC-Gary-Daniels/dp/B000034DDT/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1348968338&sr=1-3

ShaOW!linDude posted a link to what appears to be the Korean DVD of the movie, not sure if it's a bootleg as I've never heard of the company 'MadMad' before, but just to make you aware if you take the chance on that one.

Cheers guys I'll get it sent to my GF in the US and she can bring it when she flies back :)

ShaOW!linDude
Cheers guys I'll get it sent to my GF in the US and she can bring it when she flies back :)

Talk about special delivery!:wink:

Talk about special delivery!:wink:

Absolutely :bigsmile:

Just need to get her watch them with me! Any female friendly, non MA fan suggestions?

ShaOW!linDude

Well, if she enjoys action films, I think she'll like it. My wife is not your typical "chick flick/rom-com" movie lover. She can't stand that stuff. She loves lots of action and I've turned her on to some good MA flicks because of that. If your gf has similar taste, you should be okay.

She's not your typical "chick flick/rom-com" movie lover either but hasn't shown much positivity in seeing my MA movies. Maybe something funny like a Jackie Chan or Jet Li since he's "handsome" were my thoughts.

ShaOW!linDude

That could work. My wife actually enjoys seeing the physical capabilities/prowess of Tony Jaa. I haven't really exposed to early Chan yet but what she's seen, she likes. She was always partial to Jet Li. I think you're on the right track.

That could work. My wife actually enjoys seeing the physical capabilities/prowess of Tony Jaa. I haven't really exposed to early Chan yet but what she's seen, she likes. She was always partial to Jet Li. I think you're on the right track.

yeah she's seen youtube vids of Tony Jaa( plus loads of venom's movies compilations...she even remembers I love the venom's!!!:xd:) and she thinks Jaa's "not human" :tongue:

I don't think all action will win her over!

kingofkungfu2002

Just thought I'd post my Gary Daniels tribute video for all GD fans out there :wink:

hIzRh8FWHag?hd=1

Archived