BCI/Miramax Deal

HAZ

The Running Man
perhaps after you guys on the forum debate the pros and cons make some solid suggestions for features for BCI and not turn this into a dub debate.

Yeah man, I was thinking the same thing when I said that earlier to chen lung. Since then it hasn't come up again. :)

And yeah TibetanWhiteCrane, just like chen lung said we are talking about the Miramax print. Not the old international print of the film which is what the DVD version you have is.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah man, I was thinking the same thing when I said that earlier to chen lung. Since then it hasn't come up again. :)

More like when I said to you ;).

It got brought up because TRM doesn't want them there, where as I do - not a case like the usual forum debate of 'like/dislike', this concerns their inclusion. If anything, include both if the elements exist to keep both sides happy to maintain what the studio put out (if you know what I mean) and a more polished effort.

Speaking of which, Miramax rescored Iron Monkey which suggests they have original elements to make another dub?

Cover art: Put BCI's on, but make a reversible one with the international poster on one side and the Chinese one on the other (do the original poster thing like Joy Sales). Those slipcases are a nightmare personally!

just like chen lung said we are talking about the Miramax print.

I didn't say that:p!

Killer Meteor
An extremely small one. People outside of this cult following of horrible dubbing will easily identify it as a bad dub and basically just see the movies with the stereotype that Hong Kong movies are crap. I know this because I have experienced it many, many times over.

:)

I think the dub might as well be the original. I don't see the point in blowing money on new dubs. If one can be obtained easily and cheaply, fair play.

Many of these old dubs remain popular with fans. Doesn't make them good, but its a factor than should remembered if you want to convince them to upgrade for the umpteenth time on some titles. You yourself (under another name, but it was blantantly you) tore a dvd reviewer a new head because you liked some dubs and felt that not all dubs should come under fire.

The old dubs generally were rather sloppy (I think Shaws team was a lot better than Golden Harvest's and IFD). But would hiring teams to do new dubs really make that much of a difererance in terms of profit. A lot of people want original language with subs. A dub is principally there as an alternative to subs but there is a market (heck, Panmedia made a cottage industry out of it) for original dubs, especially in terms of nostalgia. And I suspect everyone has a particular dub out there they love, even if no-one else likes it. So lets not get all high and mighty, and discriminate against taste

The Running Man
More like when I said to you .

No, I said it to you. Look.

It got brought up because TRM doesn't want them there, where as I do

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

I never wrote that or suggested that to Cliff, chen. If you read my second comment to Cliff clearly, I wrote this, "I would imagine that you guys only would commission dubs to those versions or movies that have none."

I didn't say that!

You're being too anal. ;)

And please people, this is the last time I am bringing this up on this thread and I really do hope others respect this. Cliff's last thing is to want to read this kind of nonsense just to get through any suggestions or comments on his releases. :)

No, I said it to you.

"As rude as it is to end the debate with my opinion, we'll focus on other things BCI related." was "clearly" said first :).

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

God, I know:(...

However, I do apologise. I misread that it wasn't a case of replacing old dubs for new ones, and it was about films that don't have any dubs.

Not sure there's much else to suggest at the moment as everything's been brought up?

Archived