The Proud Twins (DVD - IVL)

xianzai

Around the 58 minute mark, the DVD I have of The Proud Twins has real problems. I can skip past it and watch the rest of the film.

Has anyone else had problems with this or other IVL SB DVDs? I don't want to start a panic; I've played hundreds of other IVL DVDs without any problems.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the DVD start to freeze up and/or stutter?

I have that problem with my Proud Twins dvd and yes it is a legitimate Region 3 dual layer IVL release. I know it's a problem with the disc because when I rip the DVD to an ISO file, mount the ISO, and play it there are no problems.

Zoke released this one as part of their Shaw collection. That might be the best one to pick up if the IVL has q.c problems.

Since the problem is with the physical disc you can get around it by ripping the DVD to an ISO image and then burn that to a dual layer DVD. You've created essentially an exact data copy of the original DVD. That DVD can be played in any home DVD player or DVD drive in most computers.

That's how I would get around it.

Earlier this year I built a media server and ripped all of my DVDs to hard drives inside of the media server. I don't use the physical DVDs that much anymore.

xianzai, I can help you make a copy if you'd like.

Earlier this year I built a media server and ripped all of my DVDs to hard drives inside of the media server. I don't use the physical DVDs that much anymore.

How much space did that take up?

I'd like to do something similar but the size would be in the 4-5TB range.

I have 4 TB of hard drive space and I still don't have enough room for all of my DVDs. When I built the machine I had just enough space for them all but I couldn't afford anymore hard drives so I'm out of room now. What I plan on doing is converting some of the DVDs to MP4, especially DVDs where basically it's just a movie and no special features. That will save alot of space and the picture quality is just as good as DVD if encoded properly.

xianzai, I can help you make a copy if you'd like.
Thanks, I know how to make an archival copy.

I would be interested in reading more about your media server setup, perhaps in a more general discussion section.

Thanks again!

Archived