Double Feature Media Blaster Titles

oldeschool17

oldeschool17

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.547572/qx/details.htm

Pointless to email media blasters so I guess im forced to ask their unofficial intermediary, gfanikf. Do they plan on doing this for the rest of their SB releases? Will it be only 2 packs or will they do 4 packs or more? Makes me almost want to hold off buying the single releases and simply wait for them to bundle them up. Not completely surprised as this seems to be a common media blasters trend. Just a lil surprised they are doing it so soon with the SB titles.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a pretty normal practice for Media Blasters. But usually they wait a little longer before they throw them in 2-3 packs. These havent been out very long at all! Which makes me think that these havent been selling worth a sh*t. I already purchased both seperately for @ $15 each. Media Blasters did the same thing with the "Zatoichi" TV series. Which is why Im not touching their "Lone Wolf And Cub" TV series until its released as a boxset. Same crap happened with BCI; I bought all their Sonny Chiba films seperatley, then they re-released them all in boxsets for 1/3 of what I payed. Ditto for their Rarescope titles (re-released in sets). Im just gonna start waiting for the re-packages from BCI and MB, Im wasting alot of money!

Wow. I haven't opened my copy of 3 Evil Masters yet. Maybe I'll just wait and exchange it for the 2 pack for an extra $5 when that comes out.

I knew there was a reason I didn't open it until I was ready to watch it.

part of the problem with MB is advertising. if it was not for this forum i wouldn't be aware of it's release, and i am a retailer. it seems they just assume genre fans will find out for themselves

oldeschool17
To hell with all these cutesy double features, how about getting the disc itself right?

Dont worry. That will happen when they reply to their emails and provide a working phone number.

Heh, I bet this is the only way MB can sell the Master as word got out it was not 16x9!!!!!!!!!!

I like how they maintained quality, but certain displays don't handle it well.

Luckily, other titles won't be the same.

Why is there such **** subtitles on their stuff (and all the others doing Shaws)? Too much incompetence going around - we end up having to pray nothing will go wrong because they don't provide any contact details - also f**king up a title in the process as a sacrifice to find out what's wrong before we complain.

I like how they maintained quality, but certain displays don't handle it well.

Luckily, other titles won't be the same.

Why is there such **** subtitles on their stuff (and all the others doing Shaws)? Too much incompetence going around - we end up having to pray nothing will go wrong because they don't provide any contact details - also f**king up a title in the process as a sacrifice to find out what's wrong before we complain.

I've found the MB subs to be an improvement from the Celestial, but they still have some grammatical errors that should have been caught. What I find funny is that the original translations from subbed prints from the 70's often read better than the IVL flubtitles, in regards to english grammar & spelling.

Heh, I bet this is the only way MB can sell the Master as word got out it was not 16x9!!!!!!!!!!

Umm, they actually told me beforehand and it was said to get mentioned, but some of the early reviews already talked about it.

I'm just waiting to get an interview back from MB, I'll post it as soon as I do.

I've found the MB subs to be an improvement from the Celestial, but they still have some grammatical errors that should have been caught. What I find funny is that the original translations from subbed prints from the 70's often read better than the IVL flubtitles, in regards to english grammar & spelling.

Media Blasters only fixed glaringly obvious translation problems, but nothing else when it came to layout, sync or grammar, etc. Was poor IMO. I wrote a mild review at Asian DVD Guide mentioning examples of the poor translations/phrasing - it deleted mention of Hung and Fang's names on the signboard prior to the finale (yet I believe IVL had them!). 'The Master' had the same problem it would seem AND translated from Mandarin (instead of Cantonese). I hope 'Challenge Of The Masters' is better as I like the movie.

Original print was indeed better for subs. 'Disciples Of Shaolin' had one or two instances in the original trailer that was better than the film ("If two fists say no, then I must fight!").

Media Blasters only fixed glaringly obvious translation problems, but nothing else when it came to layout, sync or grammar, etc. Was poor IMO. I wrote a mild review at Asian DVD Guide mentioning examples of the poor translations/phrasing - it deleted mention of Hung and Fang's names on the signboard prior to the finale (yet I believe IVL had them!). 'The Master' had the same problem it would seem AND translated from Mandarin (instead of Cantonese). I hope 'Challenge Of The Masters' is better as I like the movie.

Original print was indeed better for subs. 'Disciples Of Shaolin' had one or two instances in the original trailer that was better than the film ("If two fists say no, then I must fight!").

From my meager mandarin, I can say there are some subtle difference between what is said & the subs. I've been meaning to watch this with a native speaker to see what they pick up because alot of what's being said still goes over my head.

Archived