Bruce Li: Dynamo

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

I was in an Old School mode last night so I watched this movie. "Dynamo" starring "Bruce Li" having not seen it for a long time I enjoyed it, out of all the Bruce Lee clones I thought he was one of the best, it had a lot of good action scenes and a good storyline. BTW what ever happened to all the Clones? Did they just fall over the face of the Earth or what?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

Bruce Li retired from films after his wife died. He was interviewed about 15 years ago for Cinema Of Vengeace

Bruce Le was in prison for a while. Don't know if he's still there

Dragon Lee was on Korean TV for a while.

The current status of the Clones as far as I know, because I've been trying to track their whereabouts down;

Bruce Li - I've heard two different claims; the first is that he is still in Taiwan teaching physical education and runs his own gym - the other thing I heard is that apparently he may have relocated to the US.

Bruce Le - Yeah he was in jail but don't know if he's still there. His last credited film work according to IMDB was stunt co-ordinaton in a movie called Double Take (2003).

Dragon Lee - I've been in contact with a writer in Korea who has met him recently and spoken to him on the phone. He has his own film company in Korea, he works more behind the scenes now. Also he frequently travels between Korea and China.

Kim Tai Jung - Apparently he relocated to the US.

Guest Chinatown Kid

They must have throwed Le in jail for doing a lousy impersonation of Bruce Lee. :lol

Ho Chung Tao is my favorite clone and Dynamo is probably my favorite film of his. A shame he never really rose above the exploitation films as he had great potential to be a star in his own right.

Guest killer meteor

Ground Zero released a cut and cropped TV print of Dynamo to DVD on a double bill with Drunken Tai Chi

Crash Cinema is supposed to have a widescreen print but they never released it

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yes the Dynamo print on the Ground Zero version is the print that was shown on tv in the 80's, fullscreen and has extra fight scenes of Danny Lee from Bruce Lee and I inserted in it. The uncut vhs version has longer dialogue scenes and shows more skin in the sexual encounter Bruce Li has with the French actress. It's also slightly widescreen. I would love to see this film remastered in true 2.35:1 widescreen!

Guest TambaChibaYama  IchiFune

I own both the Ground Zero release and a vhs rip i got ahold of awhile back which i dont know the what release it is. Here are some comparisons!

Unknown Release

0000.jpg

Ground Zero

0003.jpg

Unknown Release

0001.jpg

Ground Zero

0004.jpg

Guest Chinatown Kid

They really need to release Dynamo, Chinese Stuntman and Soul Brothers of Kung Fu remastered and in proper w/s. I would be on those releases like white on rice. Come on Crash, I know you can do it! ;)

Archived