Shaw Brothers Forum Guide

Mark Pollard

Mark Pollard

NOTE: Uploading unauthorized images from the Shaw library to this site is prohibited. That includes any images whose rights are currently owned by Celestial Pictures Limited. If you don't know if your images fall under the fair use designation of U.S. copyright law then do not upload these images here.

This is a guide to existing threads in the Shaw Brothers forum. It is provided to help members find topics of interest and to assist in keeping the forum tidy. Please check this guide and/or do a topical search before posting a new thread.

Reference Topics

Shaw Brothers Co-Productions

Shaw Brothers English Dub Tracks

Shaw Brothers Filmography

Shaw Brothers Image Gallery (some nudity)

Shaw Brothers Soundtracks (recycled)

Shaw Brothers Top 50 Film Lists

Celestial Pictures - Release List

Celestial Pictures - Films Not Released

Home Video Distributors

BCI Eclipse

Dragon Dynasty

Image Entertainment

Media Blasters

Scorpio East

Well Go USA

Home Video Releases

BCI Eclipse

Amazons vs. Supermen (DVD)

Dragon Dynasty

Come Drink with Me (DVD)

Heroes of the East (DVD)

Image Entertainment

Bat Without Wings (DVD)

House of Traps (DVD)

Kiss of Death, The (DVD)

Thunderbolt Fist, The (DVD)

IVL

Disciples of Shaolin (DVD)

House of Traps (DVD)

Life Gamble (DVD)

Proud Twins, The (DVD)

Media Blasters

Challenge of the Masters (DVD)

Deadly Duo, The (DVD)

Well Go USA

The Heroic Ones (DVD)

Movie List

Come Drink With Me / 大醉俠 (1966)

Coward Bastard / 惡爺 (1980)

Deadly Duo, The / 雙俠 (1971)

Disciples of Shaolin / 洪拳小子 (1975)

Duel of Fists / 拳擊 (1971)

Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, The / 五郎八卦棍 (1983)

Finger Of Doom / 太陰指 (1972)

Heroic Ones, The / 十三太保 (1970)

House of Traps / 沖霄樓 (1982)

King Eagle / 鹰王 (1971)

Lady Assassin, The / 清宮啟示錄 (1982)

Life Gamble / 生死門 (1979)

Lovers Blades / 神經大俠 (1982)

Shadow Girl / 隱身女俠 (1971)

Shaolin Hand Lock / 十字鎖喉手 (1978)

Singing Killer, The / 小煞星 (1970)

Thunderbolt Fist, The / 霹靂拳 (1972)

Vengeance is a Golden Blade / 飛燕金刀 (1969)

Water Margin, The / 水滸傳 (1972)

What Price Honesty / 目無王法 (1981)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already have multiple extensive threads on some of these films above from the forum's old days; lot of words thrown about for each film, further than just the most recent threads on them linked, lurking on the back pages of the Shaw section and inwards.

Mark Pollard

I am going through our entire archive but starting with the most recent topics. Some of those older threads are being closed or merged where little or no discussion overlap occurs. If a topic related to the titles above is specific enough to justify having its own thread, it will remain untouched.

The main purpose of this guide is to help steer current discussion rather than to index our archive.

Never in my life have i seen such rules over posting old pics of Kung Fu movies. I bought my pics fair and square yet I can't scan them and post them for others to enjoy. Why?

I post pictures on the net all the time. Never had this kind of problem before. :ooh:

I don't even know what movies the pics are from. 'lol I just thought they looked good.

You can't buy these types of images anymore anyway can you? :squigglemouth:

Mark Pollard
Never in my life have i seen such rules over posting old pics of Kung Fu movies. I bought my pics fair and square yet I can't scan them and post them for others to enjoy. Why?

I post pictures on the net all the time. Never had this kind of problem before. :ooh:

I don't even know what movies the pics are from. 'lol I just thought they looked good.

You can't buy these types of images anymore anyway can you? :squigglemouth:

I realize I'm responding to this comment a year late but for anyone else curious about this rule I want to clarify that it only applies to promotional images currently licensed by Celestial Pictures. More specifically, I'm referring to high-resolution images that Celestial Pictures made available to distributors for the purpose of creating DVD art and related commercial material. There is a good reason for this rule. Bootleggers who gain access to these images will use them to create bootleg DVDs and Blu-rays that can be hard to distinguish from licensed releases. This is bad for Celestial and bad for consumers.

And to answer the last question, yes you can buy these images. I'm sure Celestial Pictures has a large library of promotional Shaw Brothers images available for commercial use.

blue_skies

I have clicked every link but everyone I have has taken me to a different page than the name on the link.:squigglemouth:

Archived