THREE 80s FILMS!

chairoplane

chairoplane

Hello everybody!

Thanks for looking. This is my first thread and I'm so very happy to have chanced upon this site! I hope you guys can help me.

I really, really, really want the titles to these three flicks. I was wondering if anybody has seen these? I saw them when I was really young...

1) A kung fu tournament. Two martial artists are at the top of opposing wooden towers. A crowd surrounds them in a circle. Instead of fighting each other, they control two human puppets below, who fight each other. One of them is a small girl, who has no eyes, and fights in a "chicken" style.

2) A novice gets beaten up and flees. He comes across a coffin. Inside is a vampire who has amazing kung fu. He teaches him his style. The novice gets really good and goes back to the original guy who beat him up and defeats him.

3) I think this one is called something like Chaw Lau Heung. CLH is some kind of womanising warrior who has these girls who wear different coloured costumes who follow him around (one wears pink, one wears green etc). There is a scene where something happens and the girls' noses all start bleeding and they fall to the ground.

Do any of these ring a bell?

All three are OUTSTANDING martial arts movies and I know you'd love them!

Cheers!

James :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the first one. Reading the first line I would have been sure it was Encounters of The Spooky Kind, but that doesn't have a little girl nor chicken style, unless you're mixing two movies up.

Second one is probably Dance of the Drunken Mantis, although it's not a vampire. Just a really pale Yen Shi-Kwan teaching "sickness kung fu" :) A truly awesome movie.

chairoplane
Not sure about the first one. Reading the first line I would have been sure it was Encounters of The Spooky Kind, but that doesn't have a little girl nor chicken style, unless you're mixing two movies up.

Second one is probably Dance of the Drunken Mantis, although it's not a vampire. Just a really pale Yen Shi-Kwan teaching "sickness kung fu" :) A truly awesome movie.

YES!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! ENCOUNTERS OF THE SPOOKY KIND!!! OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU. MY SEARCH IS NOW OVER! I AM SO HAPPY. YOU ARE A LEGEND OF WATCHING KUNG FU MOVIES!

PS It's funny how memories for movies get a bit warped from child to adulthood...! :)

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I recommend the Hong Kong Legends DVD of this. It has the amusing English dub track, but also the original soundtrack and excellent subtitles and picture quality. Also cool extras. It's region 2 though.

YES!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! ENCOUNTERS OF THE SPOOKY KIND!!! OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU. MY SEARCH IS NOW OVER! I AM SO HAPPY. YOU ARE A LEGEND OF WATCHING KUNG FU MOVIES!

PS It's funny how memories for movies get a bit warped from child to adulthood...! :)

Glad to be of assistance. :D

I also have the HKL version, and I'm quite satisfied with it. Don't remember much of the extras, but the picture and sound quality is probably the best out there.

Archived