Bandits vs Samurai Squadron

iron flag

Hi everyone..How is Bandits vs Samurai Squadron? I dont think I've seen it & it'll be screening here in LA towards the end of August.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Original Title: Kumokiri Nizaemon

Company: Shochiku Films

Production Year: 1978

Format: 16:9 Widescreen - Color - 163 mins - English Subtitles

Cast: NAKADAI Tatsuya, IWA****A Shima, ICHIKAWA Shogoro,

TANBA Tetsuro, MATSUMOTO Koshiro, NATSUYAGI Isao

Directed by: GOSHA Hideo

Where to Buy: www.fareastflix.com

An absolute tour de force. Based on a novel by Ikenami Shotaro,this is one of the most exciting films to come out of Japan. The leader of a band of thieves, Nakadai stakes everything on one last big job. Incredible obstacles arise, not the least of which are caused by the government officials trying to trap the gang through a series of raids and ambushes. This film shows sword fighting like it’s never been seen before.

OK I haven't watched this in a while but from what I remember it was very good, plus anything by Hideo GOSHA is always good.

Yeah, I got bored too. Even though they had much larger budgets, all of the post-60's Gosha films seem to be lacking the edge and quality that his earlier films had. They also had more nudity and were generally exploitation-oriented. Can't fault him for it though, as these later films were much more succesfull in Japan than his 60's classics. Tits and sex sells.

I watched this last night for the first time. Great film. Don't buy the DVD from Panorama, which is awful. I got a copy from France with beautiful picture quality.

Archived