Yo Yo Girl Cop

gravedigger666

gravedigger666

Has anyone seen this?How is it,worth spending 20€ into it?for those unfamiliar with title,here is short description;

*Highly trained in martial arts, armed with a deadly steel yo-yo and a new undercover identity, K infiltrates an elite high school, Seisen Academy. Her mission: to identify and eliminate suspected terrorists.

Her only lead is an underground website with an ominous timer counting down the minutes. Wielding her deadly yo-yo, K must stop the terrorists before they achieve their apocalyptic plot to destroy the city.*

Got me curious.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a renamed title of the Sukeban Deka series? The whole description sounds like it is the same.

Guest Jetlichan

Saw it. Its an ok movie. Was disapointed in the action. The fight sequences were so amateur looking that i almost stop watching. What saves the movie is how beautiful both female leads are. The lead Aya Matsuura is beautiful and her enemy in the movie is equally as beautiful. The movie could have been much better is the fight sequences were more decently shot.

ToothbrushFu
Is this a renamed title of the Sukeban Deka series? The whole description sounds like it is the same.

Its the recent movie reboot of the series, directed by Kenta "not as talented as his father" Fukasaku.

yea the movie is very average and you can tell it was adapted from a series because all the events and action are jumbled together without much plot

Neon Samurai
Saw it. Its an ok movie. Was disapointed in the action. The fight sequences were so amateur looking that i almost stop watching. What saves the movie is how beautiful both female leads are. The lead Aya Matsuura is beautiful and her enemy in the movie is equally as beautiful. The movie could have been much better is the fight sequences were more decently shot.

That's forgivable when you consider how cheezy and amateur the original Sukeban Deka tv show and movies were. (Yuki Saito, the original Sukeban Deka appears in this movie which I thought was a nice touch.) SD was always Japan's Dr. Who in the sense that if you can't finance the entire series with your credit card, it aint Sukeban Deka.

X4FbV_7S2jA

I have to say I found this film quite... terrible. It's a passable one time view if you can get enough entertainment out of Aya Matsuura's god awful performance. And, well, to be honest it's got a couple of other points of interest, too.

- Hiroyuki Nagato. Against all expectations Nagato is not dead and buried but back and as charismatic as ever (natural talent, all his scenes are actually badly made).

- The original yo-yo. Look carefully, the original yo-yo Yuki Saito used in the first TV show is on Riki Takeuchi's table. Beats the hell out of that ugly new disco yo-yo Aya is using.

- Takeuchi's teddy bear performance isn't too bad... in this company.

- And also... actually, that was all.

Saito was really wasted in the film. She looks just... old. And lead villain Shunsuke Kubozuka... now, this guy is the original Shaolin Wooden Man! His acting didn't bother me in the live action Saishu heiki kanojo (She, the Ultimate Weapon, or something) but I suppose that was because I was too captivated by angel Aki Maeda and Otaru.

And CGI yo-yo battle... Come on! Give me back Yui Asaka's real yo-yo combo attacks or Nanno's double yo-yo (even if they usually missed the target by a mile). These new girls can't even sing. And what was the bad girl band called? (I mean a bunch of the supporting stars played in a band in real life at the time). v-u-den? Where are my Onyanko's??!! (right, they disbanded two decades ago but hey, that doesn't stop me from complaining).

That was a nice rant :tongue:

Hmmm... I wonder if I still have that Aya Matsuura foot massage video somewhere. Man, that one's so great. She's done something good, too, you know.

Got the '88 version of this from Netflix and it went in one eye and out the other; i.e., don't remember much about it.

Actually, I do remember something about it: I didn't like it very much.

I may safely throw off this mortal coil without ever seeing the 2006 reboot... :squigglemouth:

Archived