Super Gang

Guest morgoth

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Just picked up a copy of The Super Gang (InstanVision DVD) out of my local pound store (well, one of them, for there are many). Run time is 85:20 (PAL), which means it's be duped from the 1987 VHS (cut 0:32 by the BBFC, I believe for breast fondling during a rape). But it seems that there must have been pre-cuts made either by the UK distributor (VPD) or the international distributor (Filmark). If the "uncut" version (ie. without BBFC cuts) runs 85:51 (89:31 at 24fps) then that's still 3:17 shy of the subtitled UK cinema version (which ran at 92:48). Is there a truly uncut version available with subs?

kungfusamurai

I bought it a while ago as one of the Saturn DVDs. I recall he does fight, but this movie is all about his hair. ;)

Below is a clip from youtube. That first line said to Bruce Le sounds a little funny, like it was a reference to him getting a sex change.

"Hey buddy, you're much better since you've been a broad."

7tMWaJSBQQI

And here's a nice quality trailer

_sFXyVGyHXo

KFS

Guest Markgway

Jamal's 89:25 NTSC subtitled version matches the uncut version of the English dub at 24fps (89:31).

This strongly suggests that the dub and the sub prints are basically the same.

So where does this 92:48 subbed print come from? Have the BBFC made a mistake?

EDIT: Just noticed that the BBFC's record lists the date of approval as 17/05/83.

18 months before the HK release. Very unusual for a HK film. I wonder why the delay?

Archived