trying to find name of film

Rebornman

Hey guys, ty for reading this. I am trying to find out th ename of a movie I watched a long time ago and the details are vague so I apologize in advance. This is what I can remember. Some of the venoms were in it if not all 5. There was a main bad guy who was a scholar that had 3 guys with him always that acted like monkeys. 1 of the venoms was super strong and pulled a huge tree out of the ground and got poison needles in his back while doing it. The main bad guy gets kills by being bent backwards by 2 guys and having his back broken. Like I said vague. Hopefully 1 of you movie afficionados can provide me with the name. Ty in advance.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how helpful, but you should be able to whittle it down from this list if your info is accurate. These are the films that have three or more Venoms in them:

• Brave Archer (1977) (Kung Fu Warlords)
  • Brave Archer And His Mate (1981) (Brave Archer/Part IV/Mysterious Island)
  • Brave Archer/Part II (1978) (Kung Fu Warlords/Part II)
  • Brave Archer/Part III (1981) (Blast Of The Iron Palm)(Kung Fu Warlords/Part III)
  • Chinatown Kid (1977)
  • Crippled Avengers (1978) (Mortal Combat)
  • Daredevils (1980) (Daredevils Of Kung Fu/Shaolin Daredevils/Venom Warriors/The Magnificent Acrobats)
  • Flag Of Iron (1980) (Spearman Of Death/The Spearman)
  • Heaven and Hell (1980) (Shaolin Hell Gate)
  • House Of Traps (1982)
  • Invincible Shaolin (1978) (Unbeatable Dragon/Shaolin Bloodshed/North Shaolin Vs. South Shaolin)
  • Kid With The Golden Arm (1978)
  • Legend Of The Fox (1980)
  • Life Gamble (1979)
  • Magnificent Ruffians (1979) (The Destroyers/Destroyers Of The Five Deadly Venoms)
  • Masked Avengers (1981)
  • Naval Commandoes (1976)
  • Ninja In The Deadly Trap (1983) (The Hero Defeating Japs/Ninja Kung Fu/Ruthless Tactics)
  • Ode To Gallantry (1981)
  • Rebel Intruders (1980) (Killer Army/The Guerillas)
  • Shaolin Avengers (1976) (Invincible Kung Fu Brothers)
  • Shaolin Rescuers (1979) (Avenging Warriors Of Shaolin)
  • Shaolin Temple (1976) (Death Chamber)
  • Sword Stained With Royal Blood (1980)
  • Ten Tigers Of Kwangtung (Kuangtung) (1979)
  • The Five Venoms (1978) (The Five Deadly Venoms/5 Deadly Venoms/Shaolin Deadly Poisons)
  • Two Champions Of Shaolin (1980) (Shaolin And Wu-Tong/Two Champions Of Death)

gravedigger666

it is prolly my 2nd fav venom movie but I have always wondered when lo meng got hit by poison needles...if any logic,lu feng+monkeys should have killed him immediately:)

it is prolly my 2nd fav venom movie but I have always wondered when lo meng got hit by poison needles...if any logic,lu feng+monkeys should have killed him immediately:)

Also weird that they failed to recognise Lu Feng was Kao the bad guy, even though he introduced himself as Kao (!), and had three monkey-like servants.

Anyways, also one of my favorite venoms movies, mainly for the action. Lo Meng vs Wang Li on the stage is one of my all time favorite fights.

The uprooting of the tree was also used in Showdown at Cotton Mill, starring Chi Kuan Chun. The difference is that Chi Kuan Chun was Hu Wei-Chen there and got hit by Kao Ching-Chung's wu tang magic kick. Lo Meng who uprooted the tree in Two Champions, portrayed Tung Chien-Chen, and got hit by Kao's needles, while Chiang Sheng acted as Hu Wei-Chen.

Is this based on any real history or legend about the shaolin men, or was it just a reference between the movies?

gravedigger666

Yeah,seems like they suffer from amnesia or could not solve easy puzzle...fight at wedding is also very good.I like of venoms Masked Avengers more but 2 champions is movie I can put into player and watch it over and over again...Killer Army is flick I have not seen for 10 years or so but I recall it as heavily on fights as 2 champions,should buy it....

The fights in Killer Army are top notch. A bit faster and more intense than in other venoms movies. Especially the gambling house fight. Masked avengers is definately up there as well. I still haven't seen Flag of Iron.

tyvm to all of you for replying. I ended up going to chinatown and finding it on old school vhs. Was of crappy quality but just as good as I remembered it to be. I am going to try and find the names of the movies you guys were mentioning and see how good they are.

gravedigger666
I still haven't seen Flag of Iron.

get ivl version of flag of iron..movie is not rated so high but I think it`s pretty decent.Ivl release is lot longer(10 mins or so) than dubbed american bootleg.in final there is flag action at very least equal to chinese super ninjas.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I still haven't seen Flag of Iron.

Yes, I heartily agree with gravedigger66, you've got to see FLAG OF IRON Dude!

Yes, I heartily agree with gravedigger66, you've got to see FLAG OF IRON Dude!

Let me just up the ante and say one must see all the V-flix ... but then again I'm a bit biased. :rolleyes:

(This thread should be moved to the Shaw forum as well)

I guess I had seen Two Champions of Shaolin when I was really young on Saturday morning kung fu theater. All I remembered was one scene... someone jumping over another's head, and hitting him in the back of the skull with a shiny metal bar. Then a shot of the person that got hit lying facedown on the ground with brains oozing from his head. That image stuck with me for about 25 years until I finally got the IVL release of Two Champions and saw it again. There's something very satisfying about finally connecting a memory from your childhood to its source!

Let me just up the ante and say one must see all the V-flix ... but then again I'm a bit biased. :rolleyes:

(This thread should be moved to the Shaw forum as well)

One doesn't really have to see Ode to Gallantry, if you consider that a V-flick.

The other venoms movie I haven't seen is Legend of the Fox. I ordered the Zoke version from HKFlix once, but it never turned up, and I didn't bother with investigating seeing that it cost $10. First time it has happened so far.

One doesn't really have to see Ode to Gallantry, if you consider that a V-flick.

The other venoms movie I haven't seen is Legend of the Fox. I ordered the Zoke version from HKFlix once, but it never turned up, and I didn't bother with investigating seeing that it cost $10. First time it has happened so far.

Of course its a V-flick - though not a great one.

I know some folks like this one but I've only watched the IVL once.

Fox, on the other hand, I enjoyed. My boot of this one (and Ode) were terrible but Fox seemed to get better --

with the remastering process whereas Ode did not. But hey, its all subjective....

If you're a completeist, get 'em all I say. :)

gravedigger666

Ode to Gallantry is not among best Venom movies plot considering.However it holds it`s own in fights I would say it is must see.

oldeschool17

Fights alone could not save a pile of crap Ode to Gallantry was and im a Venoms fan. But alas, for every movie one likes, another will hate.

oldeschool17
tyvm to all of you for replying. I ended up going to chinatown and finding it on old school vhs. Was of crappy quality but just as good as I remembered it to be. I am going to try and find the names of the movies you guys were mentioning and see how good they are.

Go get the IVL or Siren version of this movie. No need to get a crap vhs boot. Unless of course, you dont have a dvd player.

Archived