The KID From New Legend

daTOAD

Anybody know if the Kid from the old Jet Li movies is still acting? I just watched New Legend of Shaolin last night and had forgot all about this kid. He actually looked to be the next big action star. Any info?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I've seen him in a whole bunch of silly movies in recent years. I think one of them was called NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!, but I can't remember for sure. He hasn't been in anything that I thought "Wow, he's getting to live up to his potential". Just a lot of stuff that made me wish I'd rewatched an old SB classic instead.

I'll check my collection later and get back to you with some titles you can look up.

Heard he quit acting after My Father Is A Hero and New Legend Of Shaolin in order to focus on school. I'm sure he's had some minor appearances here and there up till now though.

He continues to act, mainly in Mainland China. He had done some TV series and had done some recent films with the likes of the now semi-retired Sik Siu-Lung and Flash Point's Xing Yu. The trio did a movie called Shaolin Gang and I think he is working on a new film as we speak. His name is Xie Miao, or Tze Miu.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
He continues to act, mainly in Mainland China. He had done some TV series and had done some recent films with the likes of the now semi-retired Sik Siu-Lung and Flash Point's Xing Yu. The trio did a movie called Shaolin Gang and I think he is working on a new film as we speak. His name is Xie Miao, or Tze Miu.

OH. :o

I totally had Sik Siu-Lung and Tze Miu confused. My bad!:confused:

Albert, thanks for not giving me the misinformation beatdown I obviously deserved there. You're a gentleman sir.

Xie Miao just completed a wushu/Olympics film Champions by Tsui Siu Ming (Seems like Ji Chun Hua recommended him for the movie when another guy bailed out the last minute) and Legend of Shaolin Kungfu 2 TV series simultaneously recently. There is a previous thread here - http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5163

Shi Xiao Long has just graduated after a few years of studies in US so he should be back to the entertainment industry soon.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4af8fc770100acgh.html

Thanks for the new info Elhcay :) I knew Xie Miao was working on a new film..just couldn't remember the name of it. Thanks for clearing it up. I wonder if Shi Xiao-Long is going to use his English name of "Tommy Sik" still...would be pretty cool.

Archived