Looking for an old Kung Fu Movie! Do not know the title...

smullen

My memories are a bit sketchy as its been atleast 15-18 years since I've seen this flick...

From what I remember, several young kid/students were sent to a temple or a school, each student was give a certain job daily job to do and that job taught him his ""Skill"....

For example:

One kid, stood up on a platform with a long staff and had to stir several large hot tub sized woks, full of rice or food for the rest of the school... This in turn taught him how to use the staff...

Another had do lay some type of really thin paper out in strips on some rocks or stlagmites and then be able to walk across them without tearing, this taught him stealth and balance...

I think another kid had to carry clay water jars, which gave him great palm/claw strength...

On and on.... Later on in the flick I think the school or whatever is attacked and it comes to light, what each students task or skill was about....

I'd really like to get this movie, but I can not remember the title of it for the life of me...

I've talked to a few people that can re-call the movie, but not the title or year if was made or aired...

Any help would be great...

P.S. Mods, if I have put this in the wrong place, feel free to move it...

Thank you

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the Shaw Brothers film Shaolin Temple

Thank you for that response... I have been looking for that movie for years!!!!

Not I gotta get my hands on the whole thing... I can't seem to find it in a Region 1/NTSC, but I did find a trailer for it on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ1ZRVFxeMw

Thanks again... You don't know how excited that just made me!!!!

Chinatown Kid

It's available on DVD remastered by Celestial with English subs and Mandarin audio. It is a region 3 NTSC DVD though so you will need an all region player unless you can hack one of the regular ones to be all region. Dragon Dynasty has started to release some Shaw Brothers region 1 DVds here in the US but I don't know if Shaolin Temple is gonna be one of their upcoming ones.

Classic CC flick! :D

Like C-Kid mentioned, check out the remastered R3 if you can.

Everything else, at the moment, is "bootlegscope"

shatemp.jpg

..props to Carol

oldeschool17
It's available on DVD remastered by Celestial with English subs and Mandarin audio. It is a region 3 NTSC DVD though so you will need an all region player unless you can hack one of the regular ones to be all region. Dragon Dynasty has started to release some Shaw Brothers region 1 DVds here in the US but I don't know if Shaolin Temple is gonna be one of their upcoming ones.

Dragon Dynasty has the rights to release this but dont expect it to be released anytime soon. Get the IVL version and hack your dvd player to region free or go buy one to do so. Best investment in my opinion. Dont buy the panmedia/redsun/yin yang copy of this as it is a bootleg.

It's available on DVD remastered by Celestial with English subs and Mandarin audio. It is a region 3 NTSC DVD though so you will need an all region player unless you can hack one of the regular ones to be all region.

OK, Update on my quest for the 1976 version of Shaw Bros, Shaolin Temple directed by Chang Cheh.... :)

I bought one on ebay thats been remasterdered by Celestial Pictures...

The seller was some guy called dvdeast in Hong Kong...

Took about a week to get it, but it was well worth the wait...

Also, had to pick up a Region Free DVD player, so I bought a Samsung Model DVD-1080P7 thats been modded to play all region code DVDs...

I thought it was kind of cool as it is the exact same model I already have, but Modded... So its in the Basement Man Cave, where I watch most of my Older martial arts flicks...

Anyway, I just got finished watching it (Shaolin Temple) for the second time and it was Great!!! Just as I remembered it...

I want to add that the quality of the video and the audio on this copy are great... Celestial or whoever did it; did a great job re-mastering it...

The case looks a bit different than the one posted in this thread, the one I got looks like this...

s612084a.jpg

I really want to thank all of you for the info... I have seriously been searching for this movie for over 15 years... So I am really happy!!!

Thanks again...

Archived