- Drunken Dragon

- Duel at the Supreme Gate

- Elimination Pursuit

- Face Behind the Mask

- Lost Sword Ship

- Love and Sword

- Ninjas and Dragons

- Showdown at the Cotton Mill

I'm fairly certain the above is all that's currently available on region 1 for the moment, but could very well be wrong.

Guest stormybman

I've purchased a few of these titles and they were pure crap, unreadable subs, distorted picture, and cut film. On top of that, they're saying these films are remastered? From what?!

Along Comes the Tiger is probably the best presentation out of the ones I purchased, and i've purchased at least six.

>:

"Whenever you're ready, I'll take on any Japanese here."

On top of that, they're saying these films are remastered? From what?!

From original prints for the most part. They aren't going to be pristine, simply because they are rare films. Films like these are not going to ever get releases like Celestial and Fortune Star, simply because good elements are long since lost. To grade them on the same scale isn't really fair IMO, as they make a point to mention these are the best elements they can find.

Guest Mr Dragula
These movies are great fun. They shouldn't be missed.

For the most part that's been my experience, and with the low cost i've no real complaints. I'm just happy to have them presented for the most part as they were originally intended, although I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for better subtitles/translations over the crappy embeds.

Rarescope, Fusian, and Crash should get an award for getting these titles out there and available to the public. I'm sure they're not making a big profit if any. Most companies with access to these movies probably wouldn't have bothered. The few titles that were available before were only on vhs without subs at all.

Guest stormybman

Thanks Linn, for clarifying this matter. Now I can see the point where if these films are survived by these lasting prints, they are indeed gems. We learn something new everyday.

Btw, if they used the new subs on all the films as they did in segments of Cub Tiger, for the entire film, this would benefit the consumer greatly.:D

"Whenever you're ready, I'll take on any Japanese here."

Guest killer meteor

I thought the picture on Along Came A Tiger was quite poor - it looks on the UK disc like an overprocessed video source - but Face Behind The Mask and Ninjas And Dragons look good. Ninjas even has decent theatrical subs for a change!

Archived