Wheres the new Punisher trailer?

daTOAD

Huge Punisher fan here. Loved every version i saw on screen[ though i no they were not perfect, just a chance to see Frank on screen makes me happy]. My problem is why arent they promoting the hell out this. The studio is probably saving the trailer for Comicon, but i need a teaser or something.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't already seen it, the teaser to Punisher: War Zone is on Youtube o or was, unless it's been pulled!! :)

Thanks Karlos. The interweb is a beautiful thing, ask for it and it appears. Love this character[ sort of Marvels answer to Batman-the movies always come out in the same year since 89-hmmm]. Am kinda dissapointed they seem to have taken the John Woo route instead of Johnnie To, but ill still be in line.

My pleasure, DaToad!

I was - and still am - a huge fan of ol' Franky boy, too!

I collected the original comics run from '87 which I still have and they're still a great read.

Dolph's movie version is really under-rated, I think, and whilst I was disappointed with the recent Thomas Jane offering, I think this new one looks pretty cool!

War Zone will have to be better than the earlier two Punisher movies. A big shame if it isn't.

and whilst I was disappointed with the recent Thomas Jane offering, I think this new one looks pretty cool!

I'm with you there. The new one looks like he could have at least a little bit of Punisher in him. I didn't see any Punisher whatsover in Thomas Jane.

I too feel Dolph's Punisher is underrated. I was introduced to Frank Thru The classic Mini Series in the 80s[best covers]. Unfortunately i sold them a couple of years later thinking i would be able to get them again-one of the worst mistakes ever.

DaToad, a new 2 mins long red band trailer for War Zone is up on Youtube and IGN.com - looks good, although the story that the director has been fired doesn't bode well.

The 80's mini, Circle of Blood, has just been re-released as a really nice hardcover - I love that mini as well, apart from the 5th issue that was tacked on.

Keep your eye out for a War Zone 6 part weekly comic by Ennis and Dillon, to tie in with the film's release, too!!

Thanks. i just heard about Lexi- what the F***? Just saw the red band trailer[which is much better than the first one i saw], and am a liitle more excited. Looks to be as violent as the new Rambo was-YES!

The Running Man

Just saw the red band trailer and wow...this might actually be the first good Punisher movie. I guess third time is a charm.

And also a big middle finger to any of those that thought that women can never have the balls that a man would (this new Punisher movie is directed by a female director). Right on. :D

Truly looking forward to this one now.

The Running Man

Or maybe the third time won't be a charm.

It seems that there is a fued between Lionsgate and director Lexi Alexander on the film, with her possibly being axed from post-production. :(

Guest Yi-Long
DaToad, a new 2 mins long red band trailer for War Zone is up on Youtube and IGN.com - looks good, although the story that the director has been fired doesn't bode well.

The 80's mini, Circle of Blood, has just been re-released as a really nice hardcover - I love that mini as well, apart from the 5th issue that was tacked on.

Keep your eye out for a War Zone 6 part weekly comic by Ennis and Dillon, to tie in with the film's release, too!!

Circle of Blood is awesome. pretty much the best Punisher story out there, and TBH they should use that story as the premise for a movie. Busting out of jail, copycats, a war on the complete crimeworld, etc etc. Plus it has anioce message and it shows both sides of The Punisher: the bad-ass, as well as the fact that underneath it all, he still has limits that he will not cross.

I know Welcome Back Frank was received pretty positively, but I never read it as the horrible artwork turned me off...

For me, the perfect Punisher stories are Circle of Blood and the early monthly issues by Mike Baron, Klaus Janson and Whilce Portacio (whose art in those days was phenomenal - shame he only drew 10 or so issues).

Just the right amount of black humour, ultra violence and great characterisation.

However, after issue #50 or so it began to become a self-parody, I thought - remember the "Back To School" special from 1990? Grisly!

I normally love Steve Dillon's art - being a Brit I kinda grew up with it in the weekly comic 2000ad - but not on Punisher!!

:)

So what are the essentials? The 80s mini series molded my thoughts of the Punisher and i like the Ennis ,though only have a few issues. BTW in the trailer when Ray Stevenson says " Id like to get my hands on god." -priceless. That was Frank friggin Castle.

Archived