Kage No Gundan 2

venoms5

It has been announced that this will be released (along with ROARING FIRE see link below) on November 21st. I was collaborating on this project and was nearly finished timing the subs for this second series using the newly remastered uncut prints shown recently on Japanese television. Guess there's no need to finish it now. Hopefully, somebody will pick this up and release it legitimately. If this one is picked up, hopefully KAGE 3 and 4 (and KAGE 5 if you count the remaining 20 shows from series 4 that played after the first twenty were cancelled from poor ratings back then) will soon follow, not to mention the plethora of other Chiba shows that were planned as fan projects for the future.

http://db.eiren.org/contents/03000001228.html

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's good that there releasing season #2, do you know if it is the same company or a different one?

Toei video I imagine. I'm just assuming that a US company will pick this up and hopefully ROARING FIRE as well.

I was hoping that maybe Cliff from BCI could answer this one for me.

I read that BCI will release KAGE NO

GUNDAN 2 but what about (3-5) and YAGYU CONSPIRACY TV-series?

oldeschool17
I was hoping that maybe Cliff from BCI could answer this one for me.

I read that BCI will release KAGE NO

GUNDAN 2 but what about (3-5) and YAGYU CONSPIRACY TV-series?

Where did you read that bci is picking up Kage 2? I remember reading on another forum(cant remember which one) from Cliff that sales for Kage 1 were poor and that they would more than likely not pick it up. Yagyu conspirarcy tv series would be great as its remastered in japan right now(thanks venoms05).

oldeschool17: Venom is the one who posted it at the top of this thread. So I hope its true. But I'd like to hear from Cliff over at BCI.

oldeschool17
oldeschool17: Venom is the one who posted it at the top of this thread. So I hope its true. But I'd like to hear from Cliff over at BCI.

hmm, but it he didn't state that BCI was releasing it, just that it was being released later this year(presumably in Japan/possibly remastered?).

The link is from a Japanese site. i assumed there would be no confusion. It was stated elsewhere that BCI would not be releasing KAGE 2 because of poor sales of the first series lest something has changed since then.

I have been asked to carry on with the remaining episodes for these fan versions. I am doing the job for free just so the show will be out in some form or other. I have no monetary gain from this project nor any future projects at the moment as these things do not sale well period and I am just enamored that they will come out at all for the few fans who appreciate them. These are the best this show will likely ever look and are comparable to the Japanese release of KAGE 1. Until somebody picks these up for a legitimate release in the US, this is the best way to see this show for those who want to see it in the best version possible.

OK my mistake Venom I thought it was BCI that was gonna be doing it. Well I still would like to hear from Cliff to see what he has to say about everything.

Well that's why I'm hoping to hear from Cliff from BCI so maybe he could tell us more news if they are going to be releasing the rest of the series.

Archived