Fist of Fury 2

shukocarl

I know this has been asked before but does anyone know if there will be a good restored widescreen version of the film anytime soon? The full-frame grainy versions need to be pensioned off asap! Someone said that Quentin Tarantino has a print (prefers it to Fist 1)...can't he get it remastered for a Dragon Dynasty release? Or is it just a rumour and any good 35mm prints are lost forever?:(

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

I seem to recall hearing about a German widscreen tape. There is a widesceen DVD of part III

I seem to recall hearing about a German widscreen tape. There is a widesceen DVD of part III

Yeah KM I know about those, but I need a wide-restored- english dubbed dvd now!:)

Thats still up in the air to be honest. Everyone who is involved in the project and contributes towards the disc, e.g lobby cards for special features etc will get a disc but we don't want it to fall into the hands of people who will start flogging them on ebay as it has been a long, slow and painful process getting the movie perfectly synced etc and putting together a collecters edition.

If it ever hits the net, then it will probably be uploaded to a torrent tracker in XVID format, possibly with a watermark in one of the corners.

I'm not trying to be stingy but a lot of people are after a good edition of this movie and we don't our hard work flogged on ebay or sold by other people.

Anyone got any trailers, posters, scans or anything Fist Of Fury 2 related that they would want to chuck into a special edition of this disc?

There is a disc in it for anyone involved basically.

This disc is finished now, the quality is OK. The source I used was a DVDR of the german widescreen VHS which was pretty grainy and soft but I tidied it up best I can. I used the audio and few missing scenes from the Hokushin VHS.

Now it is a complete, uncut english dubbed widescreen print.

We are just working on the menu's and special features now and also the DVD artwork.

tesfistzb8.jpg

A cover design by Lee, owner of clonesofbrucelee.co.uk

2.05:1 Letterbox widescreen

Special Features: Lobby Card gallery + Related magazine scans. Fan trailer.

that is great, wish i could contribute something to get hold of a copy of it. atleast i will get to see my hokushin betamax tape of this movie soon.

DeathFuMaster

Im sure most of us would be willing to pay for it or discuss terms privately on PM...because Im definately interested in this.

To be honest I'm not sure what is going to happen about sharing it, maybe we will, who knows. The main qualm we have is other people making a profit from it and selling copies of it it on Ebay etc, but maybe thats unavoidable. I'll keep you all posted though.

hey,

even if you put up a lesser quality download, I'm sure the likes of Panmedia would have no qualms issuing a disc of it... watermark or no watermark.

shaolin drunkard

How about you selling it?Panmedia is not only folks making cash from bootleg$ and I`m pretty certain most agree it`s not bad thing if you get some € for releasing this rarity.

LOOKS GREAT FIST OF FURY 2 !!!

WE ARE WORKING ALSO FOR THE FANS IN SOME LETTERBOX VERSION OF :

FISTS OF BRUCE LEE

CLONES OF BRUCE LEE

BRUCE LEE MAN THE MYTH

HERE IS SOME OTHER PROJECTS FOR THE FANS !!

CHEERS

Sweet. All your projects look great.

What kind of software do you use?

I usually sync and tidy up with virtualdubmod as you can adjust the colors and apply a sharpener etc.

I encode with CCE SP at 4 pass.

Killer Meteor
I don't know if anyone knows, but would a film like this be in the public domain?

No, recent laws protect non-US films. However, I suspect many cheap companies take a chance, assuming that the genuine rights holder is long gone

I have finished the DVD but I assume that it is not worth the risk selling it publicly then? (Website, Auction site etc)

DeathFuMaster

I wouldnt try it, but then again Pan media gets away with it. How much would you sell them for?

Archived