Favorite Hwang Jang Lee performance?

Morgoth Bauglir

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha is a no bones showcase of his skills. You'll notice there are a number of claw styles; I think that was a choice to highlight Hwang's handwork as a nice addition to his kicks.

DeathFuMaster

I watched Hitman In The Hand of Buddha today and was not dissapointed at all. The story was average but HJL was GREAT. I will be watching this again very soon. Which one should I get next?

(I have Drunken Master And Snake in the Eagle's Shadow by the way).

Morgoth Bauglir

Tiger Over Wall and Buddha Assassinator have 2 of the best final fights ever filmed (unfortunately the final fight is the only really good action Hwang does in those movies). He gets a lot of kick time in Shaolin Blood Mission, and you can't go wrong with Hellz Windstaff, Secret Rivals 1 and Game of Death 2

drunkenmaster
Even the great HJL can't save films like Hard Bastard, Buddhist Fist and Tiger Claws and Secret Envoy.

I quite like "Hard Bastard". It is more than a little cheesey I admit, with more than it's share of unintentional laughs, but Hwang Jang Lee is good, and it is a rare chance to see him in a contempory setting and playing a good buy (or at least the closest you get to one). It's not a great film by any standards, but watchable.

He has some really nice bootwork in Lackey & The Lady Tiger too.

My favorite HJL fights are in Live Hard, Ninja Strikes Back, Challenge Of The Tiger and Where's Office Tuba. Love his modern day movies!

But, I really like all his movies. Biggest dissapointment should be Bed Companions when you wait for the whole movie to see his fights and then there is just one poorly filmed kick ;) But that's a cat 3 movie after all...

There's soooo many to choose from, but here's my favorites-

1- Buddha Assassinator

2- Tiger Over Wall

3- Shaolin: The Blood Mission

I.

I have not seen any of those:tinysmile_angry2_t:...

My favs are Snake In the..,Dragon Claws...and Mister Silver Fox=Secret Rivals

DeathFuMaster

Probably the hardest list I have ever came up with, I love most of the movies HJL is in. He can be the bad guy in even the crappiest movie and still make it interesting. Anyway....

1. Hitman In The Hand of Buddha (come on he is the good guy!!)

2. Secret Rivals 1 & 2

3. Buddha Assassinator

4. Drunken Master

5. Snake In The Eagles Shadow

6. Dragon's Claws

7. Invincible Armour

I could go on and on......wish he would pop up in a new film.

He can be the bad guy in even the crappiest movie and still make it interesting.

That tells quite a lof of his abilities:yociexp56:

My Top 10

1. Invincible Armour

2. Secret Rivals 2

3. Tiger Over Wall

4. Blood Mission

5. Hell's Wind Staff

6. 5 Pattern Dragon Claws

7. 5 Fingers of Steel

8. Dance of the Drunk Mantis

9. Instant Kung fu Man

10.Dragon Claws

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha has one of the greatest opening scenes ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBmeNpKaDuc&feature=related

That incredible opening fight and the way it initially fools you into thinking that Hwang was going to play the bad guy yet again. When the man says "What's the world coming to? You can't trust the right people!" and the way Hwang turns back and glares at him, it gave me the chills. That one scene showed him to be one of the baddest bad asses that ever lived.

Guest terrence69

I love to watch Hwang Jang Lee...Following are my top 5 favorite

Dragon Claws

Secret Rivals 2

Drunken Master

5 fingers of steel

Blood Mission

But I love to watch again an again 5 fingers of steel.. This is my all time favorite movie...

Archived