Filipino, Indonesian, Thai or Taiwanese?

falkor

For the following IFD/Filmark releases, where HK/ninja footage has been added, can you figure out which country the original footage was produced in?

Bionic Ninja (featuring Chan Lau from Bruce Le's Cobra)

Perhaps I will return to this topic sometime in the future with other movie anomolies.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a Hong Kong cast to me. A lot of those actors are also in "Daring Kung Fu Refugee" so that's probably the source film.

Thanks Bruce! :cool:

Does Born To Fight (Godfrey Ho) seem like a HK movie? I think it clearly must be, but then I'm not 100% sure, only 99%. You know what Godfrey's credentials are like... :)

This Born A Ninja is a strange film. At first I thought they used some Meng Fei Taiwanese footage or something, but it seems Meng Fei genuinely starred in a couple of IFD Ninja films in 1987.

This Born A Ninja is a strange film. At first I thought they used some Meng Fei Taiwanese footage or something, but it seems Meng Fei genuinely starred in a couple of IFD Ninja films in 1987.

Looks like it was filmed on videotape, which would probably mean it was originally a TV movie.

Thanks for the feedback; I'll make a note of it on my website for tomorrow's update. Perhaps Meng Fei did a Ninja TV series, and IFD used the footage to make 2-3 movies.

Does Born To Fight (Godfrey Ho) seem like a HK movie? I think it clearly must be, but then I'm not 100% sure, only 99%. You know what Godfrey's credentials are like... :)

This site

http://www.orientalfilms.co.uk/moviepages/videos/britishvids/borntofighttext.htm

indicates that it's Angels Mission. HKMDB title Angel Mission

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=7256&display_set=eng

and from the cast I assume that it is indeed a HK movie.

I see you're still on the ball, Bruce! Thanks ever so much. This correction will have to wait for my next update.

Archived