no more European tour

Winfred

This what what the Shaws Revisited site posted :

The Star Tour announced for December will not take place.

We found we were hoodwinked by some villains. It seems that the Shaw Brothers Reloaded websites do not only attract fans but also profiteers who try to squeeze money out of other peoples' enthusiasm. Anticipated joy made us blind for doubts. We are sad, angry, and also ashamed.

Worst of all, we made you hope to meet the Stars in person, and now we have to let you down. In the future, we will be more cautious.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This what what the Shaws Revisited site posted :

The Star Tour announced for December will not take place.

We found we were hoodwinked by some villains. It seems that the Shaw Brothers Reloaded websites do not only attract fans but also profiteers who try to squeeze money out of other peoples' enthusiasm. Anticipated joy made us blind for doubts. We are sad, angry, and also ashamed.

Worst of all, we made you hope to meet the Stars in person, and now we have to let you down. In the future, we will be more cautious.

Thanks Ivy for posting this. Don't get me wrong but my response might sound a bit aggressive and by no means directed towards you.

I don't know about the rest of you but this whole situation stinks to high heaven. Why was it only SBR posted this info? The internet is a very big place and it was a bit unusual for such a large scale event to be listed by a sole source.

Speaking of sources .... doesn't SBR check theirs?

Starwood Hotel Group?

Shanghai Tang?

HK Tourism Board?

Star Alliance?

Singapore Airlines?

All these companies have either PR Depts. or personnel who handle such. Its not that hard to check. I even contacted the Starwood Hotel Group and the HK Tourism Board and both acted as if I were speaking a foreign language (no, that's not a pun).

And who exactly are these villains and how did they plan to profit? I can see if fans around the globe sent money directly to SBR for tickets/etc. but this wasn't the plan. How exactly were these villains squeezing money out of other peoples' enthusiasm?

Aside from going to both London & Paris, I had additional vacation plans built around this event -- plus hoped to meet some old friends and some new ones in London. Now all that is shot to hell.

I implore SBR in the future (and really any writer) to always CHECK THEIR SOURCES. There are standards in journalism and its imperative to avoid misinformation, speculation and/or rumor.

Off my soapbox. Sorry for the vent guys....

Your vent is justified. Many of us were thrilled when told Baby Queen Li Ching would be participating thus ending her self-imposed exile. Now I guess she will continue to be elusive ala Great Garbo.

oldeschool17

They were definently promoting that event aggressively on their website. When you go on there, you couldnt miss it. I agree with Teako that something is sketchy on that website. As a matter of fact there has been several inconsistencies on there. One thing that comes to mind is them noting a pic of Angela Yu Chien in a 2006 pic when she passed away in 2000. How does a shaw brothers website not know or check these things?

In regards to this tour, why the ambiguity on not naming the "villains". Were there presales related to this event? Did those presales flow thru to sbr? Also gotta agree, why was sbr the ONLY website promoting this website considering they were apparently associated with those other big names(the ones teako listed)? That also leads me to believe, is there other "shady" stuff is going on on that website?

How was the site SBR involved? Were they organizing the event or just promoting it?

Still bumming. :(

Lounged on the beach all morning and all I kept thinking about was this.

Hollywood celebs I could care less about.

Tom Cruise? Not!

Will Smith? Big Willy Week’n is history my friend.

Meeting with SB stars though would have been an incredible experience.

Chen Kuan Tai, Ti Lung, Ku Feng, Lily Li, et al - yeah that's what I'm talking about.

I actually began to prepare individual gifts for them. Nothing big. Copies of Southern Screen, posters, rare memorabilia /photos. They've given us many years of enjoyment and I just wanted to show them the same by sharing these items with them.

What really sucks is this event would have been a unique opportunity for KFF members from all corners of the globe to meet face to face. To finally hook up with some folks I've been talking to on this forum and elsewhere for years. The Phillyfest last summer was fun and yes, it was cool to hang with the Toad and meet the other celebs. However, a big part of that weekend was finally getting to hang out with Linn, Magicpoe, gfanikf, Jesse Smooth, et al.

Now, I'm REALLY bummed I missed Montreal. Figured I would meet Gordon in London but....

Anyhow, I believe such an event will someday occur. A decade ago, who would have believed we'd have remastered DVD copies of Life Gamble or House of Traps in our video collection? Well it happened and I feel that someday a SB star tour will come to be.

And hey - for you boys in the ATL and other portions of the deep South.... I do plan to get down that way to pay my respects to Linn in the near future. I hope a few of you "good ol' boys" will be willing to get together with this here Yankee to talk some KF. :cool:

I'd been making plans for this myself. To bad.

Teako170, shoot me a message about meeting up to pay respect to Linn. When did you plan on coming down?

oldeschool17

Let me know when you plan on making it down this way. Linn was from Macon, right? If thats the case, Macon is roughly 1hr & 30mins from Atlanta.

Still bumming. :(

Lounged on the beach all morning and all I kept thinking about was this.

Hollywood celebs I could care less about.

Tom Cruise? Not!

Will Smith? Big Willy Week’n is history my friend.

Meeting with SB stars though would have been an incredible experience.

Chen Kuan Tai, Ti Lung, Ku Feng, Lily Li, et al - yeah that's what I'm talking about.

I actually began to prepare individual gifts for them. Nothing big. Copies of Southern Screen, posters, rare memorabilia /photos. They've given us many years of enjoyment and I just wanted to show them the same by sharing these items with them.

What really sucks is this event would have been a unique opportunity for KFF members from all corners of the globe to meet face to face. To finally hook up with some folks I've been talking to on this forum and elsewhere for years. The Phillyfest last summer was fun and yes, it was cool to hang with the Toad and meet the other celebs. However, a big part of that weekend was finally getting to hang out with Linn, Magicpoe, gfanikf, Jesse Smooth, et al.

Now, I'm REALLY bummed I missed Montreal. Figured I would meet Gordon in London but....

Anyhow, I believe such an event will someday occur. A decade ago, who would have believed we'd have remastered DVD copies of Life Gamble or House of Traps in our video collection? Well it happened and I feel that someday a SB star tour will come to be.

And hey - for you boys in the ATL and other portions of the deep South.... I do plan to get down that way to pay my respects to Linn in the near future. I hope a few of you "good ol' boys" will be willing to get together with this here Yankee to talk some KF. :cool:

Cool beans boys. No plans at the moment but it would be on a weekend.

I have a week's vaycay at the end of August or I might do something in the Fall.

Maybe we could get together with Monica and take her to lunch.

I'll keep you guys posted before making any definitive plans; so we can coordinate.

Anyone else in the region?

Tosh I'm thinking?

oldeschool17
Cool beans boys. No plans at the moment but it would be on a weekend.

I have a week's vaycay at the end of August or I might do something in the Fall.

Maybe we could get together with Monica and take her to lunch.

I'll keep you guys posted before making any definitive plans; so we can coordinate.

Anyone else in the region?

Tosh I'm thinking?

Tosh is in ATL as well.

Yeah count me in, I'll be working in Fort Lauderdale on and off for the rest of the summer and fall(I think) but just let me know which weekend and I'll be here. I've been meaning to get down there to take a picture in memorial for Linn but when in town my work takes me the other direction.

There are a lot of cool things to do in Atlanta, now if it only had a beach.

Guest maskedavenger

it was a hoax since the beginning perpetuated by mahsinyi aka sadshawfan to try to get suckers to subscribe to his shaw web site. the poster was fake just like the shaw lobby cards mahsinyi used to post.

reminds me of the scam by those two broads who claimed to be putting on a venoms convention several years ago.

I don't know what the circumstances were in this supposed convention, but it was suspicious from the get go. What kind of fan convention is held during the holiday season anyways? That's about the worst time of the year to showcase something like this.

I remeber mashinji from the old board. I thought he had contacts with celestial. Who was "sadshawfan"? I remember the name. Didn't mashingi have a weird situation with some guy named sleepman or something?

Archived